I have several walking sticks and hiking staffs, but find myself using just two of them the most. I bought the Crawford staff many years ago when I was less wise, still appreciate its unique design and quality, but have never been comfortable using it as either a staff or walking stick. Its blade can be easily removed so it is completely legal but it just seems foreign in my hand. I actually behaves well as a staff, not too heavy or strangely balanced, quiet with an excellent foot piece...but I just do not walk it.<br><br>Once you have a good stick you just cannot walk properly without it. Finding THIS stick it the issue. I am always scaning wood piles for the ultimate stick.<br><br>Back to the original question from Paramedicpete, I find any item that includes a "SAK STYLE" knife as part of it has usually made other less obvious "quality" choices. If they are going to charge $99 for a staff, they could at least provide a decent, real SAK.<br><br>I also find that if you do not walk with a staff or stick now, you probably will not walk with one later. None of my walking friends use a staff even though they have almost never seen me without mine. Before spending any money on a staff I would make one and see if it works for you.