Of course everybody is going to side with caution and say don't do it, whether or not they know if it could be done or not. I think it's possible that it could be done. Now before people jump on me for saying that, I'm not recommending anyone try it, just like I wouldn't recommend anyone hanging from a keychain carabiner, but I know that can be done. I doubt the intent was to go out and start rappelling on paracord, but rather an excercise to see if it's possible, and if it could be done without proper equipment.

Legal disclaimer - Don't rappel on paracord. Don't even think about doing it. Don't look up breaking strengths of paracord on the net, and micro-descenders and harnesses, or even daydream about it. You will certainly fall and kill yourself, and most likely fall on something sharp and pointy for even thinking about something as crazy as rappelling on paracord.

Now, if we were talking about doing this in a book that you're writing, and it's all just hypothetical, that's a different story. To get around the issue of strength, doubling or quadrupling the paracord would give you a much greater safety margin, so you'd want as many strands as you could get. Although, for someone very experienced in rappelling, I'd bet they could probably do it with one strand if they were very, very careful. I know a lot of the descenders won't work too well with such thin cord, you will probably need something specific for that use. Maybe a figure 8 or some variation might work with multiple strands, I don't know, but you'd need more friction. The work gloves would obviously be used on your hands to prevent rope burns. Chafing is a huge issue with thin cords, so any tarp or poncho would be folded over several times and used as padding around the rope (held in place by zip ties) to prevent abrasion. As for a harness, I'm thinking a really really well made backpack, with strong hipbelt and sternum strap, could possibly be used as a makeshift harness. Either that or use the hammock as a giant sling, and sit inside of it while attaching the descender to the top. And since we've gone through all this trouble to setup a makeshift rappelling rig, forget the climbing carabiner and use the one of those keychain ones. It's probably stronger than anything else used in the setup.

Of course that's just random thoughts on my part. You could use webbing to create a harness, but they're extremely uncomfortable, even on a short rappel. Or you could do a body rappel (the dulfer), but if you've ever done it on regular climbing rope, you won't even consider doing it with thin cord. There's also the muenter hitch, but using that on paracord that would be a last, last, last resort. Again, don't think about doing any of this in real life, you'll die. But if it absolutely needed to be done, that's how I would do it.