Originally Posted By: ironraven
As for a "few people", look at the people who don't like the effects of the "upgrades"- a lot of them are the people who've been around the longest and have contributed a hell of a lot to this place. We aren't complaining because it is different, we are complaining becuase it doesn't work.

I'm not trying to be nasty, but please, stop breaking things. Or you aren't going to have to worry about server load.

OK, despite the fact that I really don't have time for this crap, I am going to step in here. I happen to be one of those who prefers the treaded mode and it's broken for me to. Crap happens, With luck, they will fix it. Just the way it works.

However. Rick (HTML Spinner) is a volunteer and doing the best he can and he has been 100% responsible for keeping ETS going the last year with two server changes and numerous other challenges. If he wasn't helping, ETS would probably be gone. No site, no forum, no nothing. I am sincerely thankful for him stepping in and helping. You should be too.

What he doesn't need, and I will not allow, is abuse. You got your message across the first, second and third time. He understands. He'll fix it when it's fixable. If that's not good enough, then there's not much we can do for you. But, you will not abuse him! You will not be "nasty" and you will not have to apologize for even sounding "nasty." You are welcome to point out problems and ask for them to be fixed, but I really appreciate it if you don't make demands and don't get testy. I trust I'll not have to make this point again.

We will continue to upgrade the forum software because not doing so damn near put it under last time around. Some upgrades are better than others, but that's the nature of the beast with all software. I hate this software crap, but it's what we have to live with these days. It's not a bug, it's a @!#*%&ing feature. <~>

As for being hacked, yes we have been. We've also had to deal with a lot of instability in the forum, spam and other crap before the forum upgrades.

Hopefully this clears things up and everyone understands where things stand.

I appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com