Ooooh, looks like I have some 'spainin to do! That post was intended to be a little tongue in cheek, but I see that went right over the top, didn't it?

Okay, and for the record, I am not in trouble with the law as you seem to imply that I must be, and I want you to know that I have the utmost respect for LEOs and even have a best friend who is a LEO that I see in church every Sunday at the church, incidentally, where I have been the preacher for many years!

My interest in the term is purely etymological in nature. I don't need a bug out bag of this type nor did my original post say I did. If you read and can remember what I said in the first part of my original post you will notice I very clearly am referring to material I have read about that used the terminology "bug out bag." I don't think that term was invented by this forum and for that matter don't believe this forum has ever even made that claim. They are good guys and I highly recommend them and all the great information found here. I have been reading and occasionally posting here for many years now.

I am going to stick to my purpose here though, no matter how many choose not to understand that. I DO believe that the term itself likely originated from the criminal element, however, which I am not part of nor have ever condoned. I was only commenting here on the style of "bugging out" this referred to originally and has been seemingly co-opted by these kinds of boards.

Please do not rush to judgment before you have considered all the facts and in the future handle one another, me included, with courtesy. Just like you would like to be treated when you comment on something.