Well in your link they show paracord with the "high angle" gear so maybe the military is teaching this. confused
Of the gear on the site I would choose the rappel harness,the regular figure 8, 6 ovals (I don't like the lockers they have)and the 200' rope. Now you are getting out a window up 100 feet given you can build an anchor. If it was one's appartment I would install masonry type bolts with climbing hangers and add two more biners to the mix. The excess oval biners could allow me flexibilty in my set up including a carabiner rappel set up.

The biggest problem is holding the cord itself.
I have only rapped off 8MM or thicker. When using the 8MM as compared to let's say the standard 10MM I can feel a big difference in my ability to grip the cord.
There are ways one could make up a system with reduncancy but I would rather downclimb a building than try to rap on "sewing thread".

If you wanted to learn how to rappel I would suggest a local climbing gym, a certified guide while visiting the mountains or at least read Freedom of the Hills. I know of no great links for climbing instruction and the one forum I go too is not too Noob friendly for some reason.

Hey if my tone was a little obnoxious before I apologize it is just the rapping off paracord seems like something only John Rambo would do; or maybe his Cliffhanger guide cousin. smirk

It would be difficult and very dangerous to try. Just the cutting factor of the cord is an issue. Climbing ropes running along an edge of the rock have been know to cut like a knife went through it. How would parachord do running along the edge of your window or balcony?
Bill