Originally Posted By: Cyblade
So they are esentially saleing a less powerful frs radio that has a chip that repeats the same message over and over in hope someone will hear it, I'd rather have the radio that way I could talk to someone and tell them where I am or at least be able to describe my surroundings.

To be fair, there are many instances where a simple homing beacon might be appropriate and far better than nothing at all. It may well be a useful tool for the right circumstances and persons.

For a comm radio to be useful, you have to know where you are, so in most cases you also need GPS or some other means of identifying your location. In many situations the description of your surroundings could be useless. "I'm in a forest with a lot of trees, can't see anything but trees." grin

You could, theoretically, outfit a scout troop or young children with this device and perhaps we'd lose less of both if they could be more easily found. However, then there's the price issue. At less than $50 it would be easier to make a case for it. But, In any case, that's a totally separate consideration from the naming issue. I'll be addressing that in the full evaluation
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com