chris: for the record, i would buy one from ya. wink

as far as bear goes, i find his show entertaining, albeit a little silly. a portion of his stuff is quite obviously created for entertainment and not intended for the multitude of one-"percenters" here wink ...but despite all that, i think the minimal amount of good info that he does provide, while not necessarily negating all the crap, rambo-esque stuff, can serve as a benefit to the general, naive wanna-be's. that being said...while Survival may be the forte' of the majority of people here, the general public lacks in even the basic of prepardness and every little bit is better than none.

while i agree that reality tv has a way of promoting its product as 'Gospel' if you will, the high-flying, acrobatic, pee drinking, fool hardy displays Mr. Bear is so famous for are misleading at best. im not necesarily convinced that the bad in this particular case outweighs the good.

agreed, Les is preferred in my household of 1.