Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
Man, you're makin' me flash here. I was a volunteer "honorary scout master" when my son was in scouts, and did the same as you, 'cept I used what the kids used. Lucky for us, we were on a lake that was very low, and there was no risk of it coming up in months and months, so we had a lot of driftwood, and big rocks with some nice soft sand in between. That made it pretty easy to simply cover over the space between a couple of rocks, scoop out hip and shoulder holes in the sand, and sleep like babies. Of course a bunch of older scouts had to make a midnight (or maybe later, who knows) raid, screaming and yelling at the top of their lungs. Such fun...

The midnight raids still are "popular". Now, sometimes there are daytime raids... some scouts have finely honed skills... they know how to make some pretty amazing water balloon launchers. A couple years ago, one of the troops had some older scouts with the FRS radios for their "forward controller". They were launching the balloons from a distance, over our site, trying to hit the guys next to us. It looked like the water balloons came from our site. It was funny listening to the guys on the radio "ok, 10 degrees left.... no, a little more.... ok, FIRE FOR EFFECT"

At least you can still have fun at Scout camp, not many attorneys out there yet grin

- Ron