Just to derail the topic slightly, am I the only one who has some thing of a reputation for, shall we say, being resourceful?

I ask, because as some of you have probably heard, we are having a spot of bother with the weather in the U.K. at the moment. The warehouse I work in was flooded. Second time it has happened. First time was when one of my colleges managed to decapitate a main pipe for the sprinkler system. Which the pump house read as a fire when the system pressure dropped. With predictable results. 4" of water in less than 2 min's. And rising. we wound up with just under 6". Even with it flowing out of all the doors. We had to move quite a lot of stock VERY quickly. Unlike some of my colleges I had the common to put plastic bags over my boots. Just by way of keeping my feet dry. And warm. I am still getting abuse about it two years later. It's not my fault that some of my workmates are too thick to pour p...... out of a boot.
The whole event has become known as The Great Flood.

This time round it was the weather. I had the good fortune to be in a differant warehouse, up hill. Didn't know about it untill after. However one of the resident wit's wanders up to me the next day and observes that he was some what surprised by my absence. He was expecting me to sail past him on a raft that I had wipped up out of a pallet, some plastic sheeting and some tape.......... blush

Now had there been Office Totty trapped by the rising waters..... smirk