The new Garmins are nice. My latest is a 60CSx and it is by far the nicest GPS I've had. Previously I had a eTrex Vista (the old model) and it was nice, but the new SiRF based units are heads and shoulders above the old ones.

Some gotchas (at least they were the case last time I updated my 60CSx) -- even if you use a large memory card, there is a limit in the firmware to how many map segments you can have. So if you want to do something silly like upload all the road maps and topos in the country you can't, even if you have the memory (silly me to want to do this!). Also, I don't think it had a battery option for lithium batteries like the old units (grr!).

One other thing I don't like about the Garmin units (long standing issue) is there is no easy way to switch between *sets* of map segments. For example, it would be nice to switch between using the base map, the set of topo maps and the set of road maps. Right now, you have to toggle it segment by segment which is painful.

That said, my 60CSx rocks. Nice screen, outstanding reception.

That said, I'm very distracted with the Bushnell ONIX400 right now because it can download sat photos and has XM Weather capabilities. Way cool. Too bad it doesn't appear to have XM Traffic too.

The downsides are it appears to use a lithium-ion battery (dudes, you may not be able to recharge in the woods!) and I don't know why they didn't include XM Traffic. Maybe a later unit.

Regardless, hopefully the Bushnell will reset the bar for GPS mfgrs in general.

These critters have come a long way!

-john