Originally Posted By: ducktapeguy
Originally Posted By: Eugene
I don't bother to shop at walmart either. Seems most of the cheap stuff is compelte crap and anything decent you can get cheaper elsewhere.
I'm currently trying to find another source for the 5 quart jugs of Mobile 1 oil, WalMart seems to be the only place that sells them, everywhere else I have to buy a bunch of the one quart jugs.

I don't know if anywhere else sells the 5 quart jug, but I do know you're not gonna find it as cheap as walmart for the same quantity.

LED,

I'm surprised that you live in L.A. and you feel this way. If you can't handle a normal shopping day at Target, you're gonna have some real problems if there ever was some sort of emergency. And if you ever visit a foreign country, it's going to be a real eye-opener. Some places make a busy day in L.A. look like a ghost town. I hate crowds too, but it's just something I've learned to adapt to. Just think of it as a survival excercise. If you can handle Walmart or Costco the day after Thanksgiving, you're well prepared for the mass hysteria following any emergency.

I just get a little frustrated sometimes and wonder how much of a madhouse things would be should normal routines be interrupted. I never mentioned being hostile or having a breakdown or anything. I mean, after a 3 month stay in Lima, living in NYC, Athens, London, and now LA for 10 years, I'm used to cities and crowds. Sometimes I just step back and say "man, what a madhouse." Of course I didn't say everyone there was a crazed zombie shopper (impulse buyer), but many were. And no, I try real hard not to get sucked into that impulse buying zone. I usually go in with a list and try to stick to it.