Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#97066 - 06/09/07 07:48 AM Curious about what others have seen...
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
I have seen some strange things in the sky at night while camping out.

Has anybody else observed things that they couldn't identify, while camping, hiking, etc? Day or nighttime?

Looking around for the weird, strange, & unusual; as well as listening to Coast to Coast AM are parts of my camping evening entertainment.

#97068 - 06/09/07 08:17 AM Re: Curious about what others have seen... [Re: wildman800]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Define strange.

I've seen some odd stuff, probably the oddest was what could only have been the exhaust of an F-117 (only thing shaped like that around the back of the engine). Not super odd, except this was over VERMONT! Nothing up here for them though.

Add into that a couple really cool coloured meteors (green, red), a meteor that bounced off something (had a nearly 90 degree turn in it's trail), amazingly bright auroras, general oddities that are probably (HOPEFULLY) just optical illusions. In flight refueling- thought I was watching a mid air at first, watching the lights. And bats courting under a full moon, that was amazing.

Stangest and scariest thing I've ever heard- racoon love. Wow, sounded like someone being murdered with a sausage grinder or something. I think I spend the next hour clinging to a cloud, refusing to come down and play with the psycho killer, the first time I heard it.

Why, what have you seen Wildman? I'm a big believer in UFOs, particularly the Unidentified part. smile I know what I don't want them to be, I don't think we're ready for that yet as a society. But I also accept that there is a small number of sightings that can't be given a logical explanation. *shudders*

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#97071 - 06/09/07 08:54 AM Re: Curious about what others have seen... [Re: ironraven]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I've seen the "phantom tidal wave" 3 times on RADAR, in the Bahamas; (2 of us)

A "flying pipe" w/multiple decks flying sideways, like a wing, that I and others estimated to be approx 500 feet long, in the Bahamas, (7 of us)

Strange lights (many versions) in night skies that don't conform to standard aircraft requirements; This started in 1965 (7 of us) and goes in 3 year cycles,

Auroras up north (1987-1990) and in Texas (last year);

Heard some strange cries in the dark night (maybe raccoon love),

Watched fighter aircaft try to engage "some things" offshore from Jacksonville, Fl, with air to air missies, (2 of us)

A mothership (similar to the Phoenix lights) and smaller craft (strobe lights) get chased off by a fighter in Arkansas, to name a few, (3 of us)

A few dead relatives and old friends come to visit every once in a while, mostly before a serious "problem" arises.

3 Subsurface-surface missiles launched at us in the Bahamas one morning. (6 of us),

A Russian satellite breaking up and burning upon reentry, at night (6 of us)

#97073 - 06/09/07 12:54 PM Re: Curious about what others have seen... [Re: wildman800]
JohnnyRocket Offline
Stranger

There was a shuttle launch last night - maybe you saw it in orbit.

#97086 - 06/09/07 09:32 PM Re: Curious about what others have seen... [Re: JohnnyRocket]
Themalemutekid Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey
I listen to coast to coast too.It's a great show,kept me up many of nights. I've never seen anything strange in the outdoors, but i have indoors...

#97088 - 06/09/07 10:05 PM Re: Curious about what others have seen... [Re: wildman800]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Being from CA, I have seen a lot of light shows caused by missle launches from Vandenburg AFB. One, a huge green cloud in the skies, was shaped just like Mickey Mouse's head.

I also saw stars once when a guy sucker punched me, but I don't think that is what you are talking about...

#97089 - 06/09/07 10:15 PM Re: Curious about what others have seen... [Re: Themalemutekid]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
I guess I've seen a few things in the sky at night that were "unidentifiable". I can;t articulate them though.

I saw lightening strike an object within 150 yards of me....twice. Once I watched, heard, and felt it strike a large rock just off the side of the highway in Capitan, NM. I mean: I saw the bolt strike the rock! If I had to describe the sound I might be tempted to say it sounded like a 30-06 going off within a few feet of someone, yet without the extended or lingering crack of a rifle as the bullet travels away. It scared the hell out of my friend and I.

Once I saw lightening strike the headlight of a car on I-20 west of Midland, Texas. I was eastbound and the "victim" was westbound....probably less than 100 feet away. It was a late summer afternoon...no evening, but still light. I swear to this day that the car stopped for a millisecond, then continued. Yes, yes I know. The car is grounded by its tires. I saw and heard this happen. This one I didn;t "feel" though. My window was down and there were no obstructions in the way. It was eerie.

#97099 - 06/10/07 02:29 AM Re: Curious about what others have seen... [Re: wildman800]
DBAGuy Offline
dedicated member

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
Quote:
Subsurface-surface missiles launched at us in the Bahamas one morning. (6 of us),

Ok. I find all of the others believeable. This, however, just denies the others.

Ok ... maybe not believeable, but plausible considering what i have seen.

Edited by DBAGuy (06/10/07 02:32 AM)

#97115 - 06/10/07 05:51 AM Re: Curious about what others have seen... [Re: NightHiker]
wolf Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Pine trees "attacking" a fence-line of a property I was watching. Sleep deprivation really DOES cause hallucinations.

Bona Na Croin

#97116 - 06/10/07 07:10 AM Other things I have seen... [Re: wildman800]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Lightening hitting the water 200 yards off the stbd bow while I was holding onto metal windshield supports,,I felt electricity go through every joint in my body,

Swimming in the Yucatan Passage and hearing an M-16 (automatic) followed by the shout, "SHARK"!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (jds), 526 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by chaosmagnet
33 minutes 23 seconds ago
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
Today at 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.