Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#97019 - 06/08/07 07:18 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Kris Offline
Addict

Loc: A Canadian Back in Canada
Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
We took a shotgun with us, not a bit of a problem. Downloaded the forms in advance, took them into the border crossing office, they went out to inspect the weapon (has to be in a locked container, separate from the ammo), took $25 from us, and we were on our way. They did make us throw a couple of apples we had away...

Thats all I thought that you needed for rifles.

As for handguns, thats a different story.

#97020 - 06/08/07 07:19 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: wildman800]
Kris Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: wildman800
Have you checked out the cemetary @ The Caymans yet? The cemetary tells it's own story!!

Cemetary? As in cemetary beach? I'm lost here...

#97023 - 06/08/07 09:10 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: Kris]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
I repeat, you lucky dog you!!!

#97024 - 06/08/07 09:12 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: Kris]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Handguns are a no-no. They catch you trying to sneak one in, they keep the gun, a lot of your money, and possibly your vehicle to boot!!!

#97025 - 06/08/07 09:29 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Kris Offline
Addict

OBG,

Its not luck, just found me and I came running!

Kris

#97050 - 06/09/07 03:45 AM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: Susan]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Tipping as a habit is a learned societal norm. We generally tip a smaller amount than Americans, period. While the general amount for Canadians to tip is 10%, I usually tip 15-20%. Since the min. wage for most jurisdictions hovers around around $8/hr here and has always been higher than in the US, we generally consider it less necessary to tip. Also we don't tip to nearly as many types of service persons as you might down south. I might tip the pizza guy a buck but usually it's the restaurant staff that reserve my tips for.

But wait let me put in a plug FOR Canada... my brother owns a fishing lodge north of Yellowknife (south of the Arctic circle). He would love to invite y'all up to spend a few days with him enjoying the sights and serve up helpings of grayling, trout and others. (Psst, every year he gets a group of female soccer players who like to lounge around in the hot tub all evening - can't tell which week they book, Gord thinks he might get too many requests!)

http://yellowdoglodge.ca/

#97051 - 06/09/07 03:55 AM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: BigCityHillbilly]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Hey BigCityHillbilly...
you may get a better sense of the geography by checking Google and various web sites of some of the communities. If you think trees, also think arid/dry regions. The Okanogan is very dry and warm, kinda like some parts of western Washington or California. The valley grows a lot of fruit and wine.

Then again, also think cool rainforest or extreme mountains or snow filled resorts.... there is so much to offer in any of the locales and that's just BC.

The last couple of years I've been doing road trips and I dipped south into Americaland for a change of scenery. I covered a good portion of the terrain from Vancouver Island to Toronto and Washington to Michigan. Amazing world we live in is all I can say.

#97075 - 06/09/07 01:54 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: Kris]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Can you hear me drooling???

#97111 - 06/10/07 05:30 AM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: OldBaldGuy]
JohnnyUpton Offline
Journeyman

Loc: USA
One thing to be carefull of is what Canada considers a felony. DUI's are the most common and will deny you access.

#97220 - 06/11/07 10:31 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: BigCityHillbilly]
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pttsbg SWestern Pa USA N-Amer....
And the more Northern and Western you go!, -the Better! (Taking Nothing away from the Greatnesses of Ungava, Labrador, and Most of Quebec!, etc, etc!).

And you just look at a Map of Canada's Northernmost! All those Many, Massive Islands of Canada's Northwest Territories! Here our Canadian Friends have Honored us / the U.S., -with the Naming of a Mountain Range, -the "United States Range"!

(I guess we've Returned the Honor, -with our Naming of the Canadian River!).

Some later Thotts in an Edit, -

Similarly Named, -You've there got things like "Resolute" and "Alert"! Moving on more Worldwide in that Same Spirit!, -I just Love Names like Capes Fear and Dissappointment! And in the much more Atypical Cold South!, -of Places like Latin America, -You've got Names such as Puerto Montt and Puerto Williams, Rawson, and Cape Horn and the Drake Passage! Not exactly Spanish Sounding! -There in the Spanish Speaking World! But then again, -These were the Explorers who made such Names! The Spirit and Genesis of such Great Names, -is Readily Apparrent and Obvious! Capes Fear and Dissappointment, -Really *was* Cape Fear and Dissappointment!, -Back in their Day! Such Spirit Lives On! In such remaining, present day Names of Today!

May such Spirit Always EVER Live On in us! Today as well!

Edited by ScottRezaLogan (06/12/07 12:03 AM)
Edit Reason: Further Thotts.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 543 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
Today at 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
Yesterday at 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.