Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#91862 - 04/20/07 08:51 PM Re: The Liberal media messed up & let this one thru... [Re: Tjin]
gatormba Offline

Loc: Alabama
Originally Posted By: PC2K
uh... depending on the tone set (which unfortunatly is hard to see), these gun topics are starting to get a little bit on the personal side and a little to much about politics, in my opinion. Stop flirting with the rules: http://www.equipped.org/rules.htm

Noone here that I have seen has attacked anyone else in a personal manner it is a discussion and a debate about items that are dominating the news here in the US this week. Being prepared to survive means surviving in all sorts of conditions and prepared for various threats and that includes the threats of gunmen opening fire in public places which has happened not only in Virginia this week, but in a mall in Utah in recent months, several places of employment in states including Texas, Florida, and Ohio that I can recall in the past several months and as I type this right now there are reports of an armed gunman who has barricaded himself inside one of the NASA buildings in Texas.

#91863 - 04/20/07 09:01 PM Re: The Liberal media messed up & let this one thru... [Re: Micah513]
gatormba Offline

Loc: Alabama
Originally Posted By: Micah513
As soon as we start looking at changing the environment that allowed this survival situation (shooting) to take place we immediately end up in the politics arena. But I understand why we don't want to go there...

As the one who started it can I delete the entire thread? don't see that option...

You're right Micah, this issue is actually an anti-gun/pro-gun issue but unfortunately because the two sides breakdown right along the line of the two political agendas in this country it is impossible to seperate the two. But I agree it is definitely an appropriate survival situation to be discussed and prepared for given the number of incidents over the last year in Virginia, Utah, etc.

#91864 - 04/20/07 09:02 PM Re: The Liberal media messed up & let this one thru... [Re: Micah513]
norad45 Offline
Veteran

The comments that I thought might get the thread locked have already been deleted. If there are any others I'm sure CK will let us know. smile

Seriously, I know what you mean about how easily certain topics can stray into the political. Been there myself many a time. I think it is a testament to the people on this board that such things can occasionally be discussed without descending into the absolute, hard-core hostility that you might see at other websites. Maybe it's a good thing to have it out (in a polite way of course) whenever something like the recent murders occur. Kind of like a safety valve. mad........grin

#91868 - 04/20/07 09:58 PM Re: The Liberal media messed up & let this one thru... [Re: billym]
jay2 Offline

Loc: idaho
Just the fact that your on this sight means you are at a minimum thinking about being prepared in the event of ....? So our preaching to the chior should be taken with a grain of salt.
None the less... Our natural, god given right to self defense, is not a mandate that all be armed. If you choose to, I do, great for you. If you choose not to, fine. The assumption that I am favoring right now is that there are a great deal more good guys, than bad guys. Therefore, if a prudent, trained, and concealed weapon carrier were more likely to be randomly available, it would cause the small minority of nut cases to think twice. Gun free zones, are like bullseyes to these types, and gun free zones, definately must be minimized. Some, very few, gun free zones are potentially necessary, but even the court house exemption is curious to me. Concealed carry reciprocity needs to be federal law. Ted Nugent rocks, and we, the 2nd ammendment advocates need all kinds.

#91876 - 04/21/07 01:07 AM Re: The Liberal media messed up & let this one thru... [Re: jay2]
norad45 Offline
Veteran

Quote:
The assumption that I am favoring right now is that there are a great deal more good guys, than bad guys.

That right there is an absolute fact.

Imagine what our society would be like if the public school system were dedicated to producing educated good citizens as opposed to shoveling out meaningless diplomas.

I'm thinking there would be a dramatic improvement in our quality of life.

#91892 - 04/21/07 05:39 AM Re: The Liberal media messed up & let this one thru... [Re: norad45]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I'd lock the thread, but why bother? I made a private bet I could predict the mantras rolled out like overused anatomy class cadavers. Liberal media made it in the very first post. I made $5.

#91976 - 04/22/07 04:51 PM Re: The Liberal media messed up & let this one thru... [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
countrybumpkin70 Offline
Stranger

When we go into the bush, we go prepared for a worst case senario, right? So, why would we not go into a "civilized", e.g. urban, suburban, environment prepared for the worst? Even if this means carrying a side arm?
Ben

#92023 - 04/22/07 10:31 PM Re: The Liberal media messed up & let this one thru... [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
BachFan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: New York City
Sigh. I consider myself liberal, and I've been lurking on this site since shortly after the WTC attack. Don't brush me off with the name-calling, please.

"Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein

#92024 - 04/22/07 10:40 PM Re: The Liberal media messed up & let this one thr [Re: BachFan]
cedfire Offline
Addict

Loc: Orygun
This is a good point -- I know folks from both sides of the aisle; some have firearms, some don't.

The beauty of this country is free speech. Ted Nugent can say what he wants and Rosie O'Donnell can say what she wants. Et al...

#92040 - 04/23/07 12:42 AM Re: The Liberal media messed up & let this one thr [Re: cedfire]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Um, one thread I don't want to contribute to now, other than to say that:

The Nuge rocks!!!

and he is a pretty good shot, too.

Uncle Teddy is definitely a good entertainer. Ya gotta respect a man who rides a big bison out on stage. Maybe not his politics, but he will always be the motor city madman.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 255 Guests and 48 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 02:30 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.