Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#91136 - 04/14/07 09:54 PM Rolling Rock, Made in St. Louis? What the...?
stealthedc Offline

Loc: Durham NC
Just picked up a 12 pack of my favorite beer, and as I don't drink that often, I noticed my beloved Rolling Rock tasted different, and sure enough, I looked on the bottle, and it is showing brewed in St. Louis, Mo.

AAAARRRRGGGHHH

Don't want to spend the big bucks on Corona but it now looks like I might have too. Thank you Big Corporate Beer USA.

Anyone recommend a good, cheap, corona/rolling rock tasting (refreshing, smooth) beer?

#91145 - 04/15/07 02:26 AM Re: Rolling Rock, Made in St. Louis? What the...? [Re: stealthedc]
billym Offline
Addict

Loc: Oakland, California
Yes,
I saw recently on Anheuser Busch's website that they listed RR as one of their brands; had no idea they had moved the production to St. Louis.
AB is a beer leviathon and there is nothing anyone can do about it, good thing is that they CAN make great beer if they want to (not talking Bud, Mich or Busch) ask and I will tell you about it.
If your RR is still good tasting then don't be too sad. Many brands of yesterday have been bought out and are just a label these days. I could list dozens.

Check out Yeungling!

Edited by billym (04/15/07 02:27 AM)

#91160 - 04/15/07 06:42 AM Re: Rolling Rock, Made in St. Louis? What the...? [Re: billym]
AROTC Offline
Addict

Loc: Manhattan
That sucks, I'm a beer snob (booze snob). But I tend to go for darker beers. Hope you find something you like. You can blame part of your problem on the eighteenth amendment. Prohibition killed small brewers and created big companies that try and create a beer to appease everyone.

#91166 - 04/15/07 09:42 AM Re: Rolling Rock, Made in St. Louis? What the...? [Re: stealthedc]
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I was in Mexico I found the Dos Equis beer better than the local Corona.

Some of my favourite beer has to be the worlds oldest continuously brewed beer called Fraoch (beer brewed with Heather) and Kelpie (beer brewed with seaweed) Mmmmm.

www.heatherale.co.uk

Or for one of the finest beers in the world there is Traquair (a bit pricey though)

www.traquair.co.uk/brewery.html

And if i'm in the local pub then Guinness will just have to do.

Edited by bentirran (04/15/07 10:27 AM)

#91168 - 04/15/07 10:52 AM Re: Rolling Rock, Made in St. Louis? What the...? [Re: ]
LED Offline
Veteran

Guinness on tap is nice. I'd really like to find Hoegaarden on tap. Been drinking Newcastle lately. As far as mainstream american-type beers go I'd say the original Miller or even Pabst blue ribbon (probably cause my dad used to drink it while i was growing up and its the first beer i ever had) are pretty good. While in south america Cusquena was okay, nothing special.

Edited by LED (04/15/07 10:54 AM)

#91169 - 04/15/07 11:20 AM Re: Rolling Rock, Made in St. Louis? What the...? [Re: AROTC]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
I'm not a beer snob, to me:

Beer is like Dr. Pepper & Mountain Dew,
it's delicious hot or cold and
it really doesn't matter where it was canned or bottled.
fm The Book of Bo; Vol II

#91171 - 04/15/07 12:04 PM Re: Rolling Rock, Made in St. Louis? What the...? [Re: wildman800]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hoegaarden on tap is excellent also, the lemony flavour is nice and refreshing on a hot summers day (its a bit pricy down the pub though). Stella Artois on tap can be excellent on a hot day also but depends on the Pub. When you refer to Newcastle is that Newcastle Brown Ale from Newcastle in England. (There are some Austrailian beers called Newcastle as well I believe) Again another fine beer - smooth golden and mellow. Belgium also brews some of the worlds finest beer.

Have you also tried Belgium brewed Leffe Blonde (thicker sweeter beer)and Duvel(one of the best)?

Also if you can get some Orkney Dark Island thats nice too.

You should have a look at this webpage : some of the names for the British beers are hilarious

http://beergeek.stores.yahoo.net/englishale.html

Edited by bentirran (04/15/07 12:56 PM)

#91191 - 04/15/07 07:56 PM Re: Rolling Rock, Made in St. Louis? What the...? [Re: ]
LED Offline
Veteran

Newcastle from England. Haven't tried the aussie beer. Is it any good? I like Leffe too, but for some reason its usually a bit more expensive than hoegaarden and stella. Of course, here i usually buy those in bottles because unfortunately they're a little hard to find on tap. I just saw Monty python's holy grail ale. Great name.

#91205 - 04/15/07 10:59 PM Re: Rolling Rock, Made in St. Louis? What the...? [Re: LED]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Since being sent to Brisbane, I've got to like the 4X gold quite a bit. The brewery is just down the road, and it is a full bodied lager that has a great character. Victoria Bitter is another popular one with the ex-pats here. Boag is probably the best though. Sadly you will be hard pressed to find these beers in any quantity back home. Fosters is not popular with the locals at all.

Back home I enjoy Michelob amber bock, or Shiner Bock from Texas (not to be confused with Lone Star beer at all).

As far as Corona, I always felt that was the 2nd rate beer from that Mexican brewery. Pacifico is by far superior, though less common.

If I have to drink cheap beer back home, then Miller High Life is what I grew up with. Getting harder to find it these days.

#91216 - 04/16/07 12:27 AM Re: Rolling Rock, Made in St. Louis? What the...? [Re: stealthedc]
Jackpine_Savage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Minnesota
I've been known to endulge in a "box of rocks" on occasion, but didn't know the production had moved. I don't drink much either, but you may want to try Labatt's blue its close to the old Rock. Grainbelt premium, and Leinenkugel's aren't bad either.

Oh well the "pursuit of happiness" is not a promise of it.

Take Care and Stay Safe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 229 Guests and 46 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by brandtb
05/01/24 10:50 PM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.