Mr. Life Raft here. <br><br>In the past couple weeks I have been contacted by a few of the aviation life raft manufacturers about "revolutionary" new or improved life rafts that they are introducing and which they would like me to test. It is encouraging that all of these manufacturers are responding to the published results of previous testing and two are in response to coverage that were extremely critical of their products, to put it mildly. In fact, I was taken aback when they approached me, given past reaction and remarks to and about me. So, that's good news for our past efforts and the positive effect it has had and the importance these manufacturers place on what we have to say on this subject. We are making a difference!<br><br>This has all served as catalyst for an attempt at another life raft test (see http://www.equipped.org/raftstoc.htm). Unfortunately, testing properly is expensive and this time around there is not a lot of interest on the part of those who have funded these efforts in the past. I am trying to piece together enough funding to do proper testing in a wave pool as before. My aim is to test in early to mid-August. This way the results can be published before NBAA/AOPA when they will be officially introducing these rafts.<br><br>I have contacted the remaining aviation life raft manufacturers seeking to determine exactly who is interested in participating so I know how many rafts I would be testing, which has a direct influence on logistics, cost, timing, etc., all of which are factors we need to consider before making a final determination to proceed. <br><br>To pull this off is likely to cost somewhere in the low five-figure range based on past experience and budgets. I hope to have a firm budget by ealry next week.<br><br>If you have any **specific** ideas for possible funding sources, I'd sure like to hear about it. Please email me at dritter@equipped.org. Thanks for your continued support!<br>
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com