Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#65539 - 05/12/06 01:13 AM What does your spouse edc?
martino910 Offline

Saw this topic on another forum and thought it 'd be interesting to see what members' spouses carry ( if any)

My wife carries a little mini champ (told her it was great for manicures etc,) then added a jumpdrive.Will have to add a little light later.

#65540 - 05/12/06 01:58 AM Re: What does your spouse edc?
massacre Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Central Illinois
Nice subject!

My wife carries:
An LED keychain light with an on/off switch.
Spare Cash in the cars (I never used to think it was a good idea... she convinced me and now we carry enough for a gas fill and a nice meal out). She generally carries a bit of spare cash in a pocket as well as her wallet in her purse.
I've stuffed a small FAK into the diaper bag.
Compact Mirror

I've bought her a Fisher Space pen, but she's still doesn't carry it.
I'm going to buy her a LM Micra or maybe even a Juice - I think I can convince her of the utility of scissors and nail file, etc..
Lastly I'm going to get her to carry at least a lighter. Neither of us smoke and she feels there's no need, but....

Plus she has all the standard mommy things and generally is never found outside the house without at least .5L of H2O and some snacks like trail mix or goldfish crackers.

#65541 - 05/12/06 02:57 AM Re: What does your spouse edc?
Farmer Offline

Loc: Mid-Atlantic
1) More keys than we have locks. The keychain can be used as a self-defense weapon, kind of like nunchucks (sp?)

2) Every receipt for everything she has purchased in the last two years. Excellent tinder or blank paper for writing a journal of whatever ghastly experience she's living through.

3) Lipstick. Great for blazing a trail.

4) Compact with mirror - excellent for signalling.

5) Cellphone to call for help or dinner reservations.

6) In the car are empty containers from every snack she's had in the last two months, or since I've cleaned the car. Great for use in collecting water. The styrofoam ones make great black sooty smoke in a signal fire.

6) In the trunk - various sized bags from K-Mart, WalMart and Target. Can be used to piece together a poncho.

7) In the trunk - one or two broken umbrellas. Can be used as a stabbing weapon or walking stick. Ribs can be pulled and used as skewers to cook the one or two potatoes that are always rolling around at the bottom of things.

8) Tampons - good for firestarter, wound dressing and, well, you know ....

9) An assortment of bobby pins, safety pins and paper clips that can be fashioned into snares, fish hooks and the like.

#65542 - 05/12/06 12:26 PM Re: What does your spouse edc?
Malpaso Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
Me

#65543 - 05/12/06 02:58 PM Re: What does your spouse edc?
Craig Offline

Loc: Collegeville, PA, USA
Let's see...

(1) Wenger Swiss Army Knife her aunt gave her as a gift years ago.
(2) SureFire E2e I bought for her after she noticed and liked mine.
(3) About three Photon II's scattered about her person and keyring.

You know how some special event purses are so bloody small they are useless? Well, when we are all dressed up for my company's Christmas Party, Samantha will always make room for the SureFire, even if her Swiss Army stays home. I'm quite proud of her for that.

-- Craig

#65544 - 05/12/06 03:47 PM Re: What does your spouse edc?
anotherinkling Offline

Loc: Chicago
I put together a small kit that my wife (sometimes) carries in a purse, diaper or camera bag. It’s contained in an Eagle Creek Peninsula Pouch, which is a slick little 8”x5” pack with a removable shoulder strap. She always has a cellphone and occasionally carries pepper spray and a whistle on a key ring. I need to throw a couple more things in her pouch but here's the current list.

Pouch contents:
  • - FAK in zippered pocket w/ 1 latex-free glove, moleskin, acetaminophen, alcohol pads, antiseptic cleansing wipes, antibiotic ointment, sting relief wipe, wound closure, assortment of bandaids & 3”x3” gauze pads
    - Leatherman Micra
    - Leatherman Squirt P4
    - Mag-Lite Solitaire
    - Pocket hand warmers x2
    - Suunto Clipper compass
    - Disposable poncho
    - Cellboost for cell phone
    - Mini Bic
    - Flat-folding filter mask
    - Waterproof paper with contact info, medical info & phone card PINs

Edited by anotherinkling (05/12/06 08:24 PM)

#65545 - 05/12/06 04:39 PM Re: What does your spouse edc?
kmcrawford111 Offline
journeyman

Loc: NW Indiana
My fiancee carries the following:

* Pink Leatherman Squirt S4 in purse. I convinced her to carry a Squirt P4 first (she was initially against the idea), then I asked her if she'd rather carry a Micra, which she did. She finds the scissors more useful than the pliers. I disagree with that but I'm glad she's carrying something. Someone on bladeforums.com posted about the pink Squirts and I decided to buy her an S4 since it has the same imnplement set as the Micra and pink is her favorite color.

* ARC-AAA P. Before I knew about good flashlights I carried a Maglite Solitaire. She wanted one so I bought one for her as well. Later I bought an ARC-AAA P for myself which is worlds better. She expressed interest so I bought her one.

That covers the two most important and useful items, IMO right there, but she also carries:

* A compass. She asked for one to help her navigate on her driving trips for her job. I gave her a Brunton 12NL, which she liked but lost. Then I gave her a Victorinox compass / spirit level / ruler / thermometer / magnifying glass, which is what she carries now.

* She also has a mirror or two for makeup, which could be handy in an emergency.

I suppose one could do worse.

#65546 - 05/12/06 06:51 PM Re: What does your spouse edc?
MissouriExile Offline
dedicated member

Loc: SW Missouri / SE Wisconsin
Wait a minute......... That's a perfect description of my wife as well................. Best not to ask. !!!

#65547 - 05/12/06 09:41 PM Re: What does your spouse edc?
massacre Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Central Illinois
Wow, I can't believe I didn't think through this better. My wife has all of the above except maybe the lipstick (prefers lip balm or chapstick stuff).

I've forced her down to just the keys she needs and my buddy is a locksmith, so I've rekeyed as much as I can to one set without sacrificing security.

Receipts, tampon, Chapstick/balm (probably burn with tampon cotton?), Cellphone, small plastic trash bag (like 25 1Gal Bags in a container for $1), pins and way too much crap at the bottom of her purse for me to identify.

#65548 - 05/13/06 05:34 AM Re: What does your spouse edc?
pipedreams Offline

Loc: OK
My lovely wife EDCs:
Kershaw Chive
Victorinox Signature Lite
Inova Micro
Bic Lighter
Fox 40 Mini
Plus the Cell phone, purse, regular chic stuff...

todd

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 226 Guests and 50 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.