The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#63326 - 04/07/06 12:44 PM Re: TAD Gear
Polak187 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
Ok. I wasn't big fan of TAD either after xmas problem long time ago (it seems that gear companies give me trouble around that time anyway) But they were flowless which consecutive orders. Also they did help me out A LOT last week and since I deal with them on personal level on a different forum I find them to be pleasant, attentive and they do happen to address problems without hassling the customer. If they screw up they admit to it and take care of the problem. So for the past 3 years I've been a loyal customer. They also did move recently and they do take care of the big amount of EMS/LEO/FIRE/MILITARY personel and at present times equipment needs are great. Also in times of internet it is hard for a merchant to even keep store front when great share of income comes from online sales. It is very hard for a merchant caterring to such specialized need to make it without having a push from some spokesman out there who would choose them to carry a specialize/famous product. SO ten thumbs up to TAD and hope they stay in bussiness.

My backpack was stolen from my car few weeks back and some misc stuff that I need for upcomming Nepal trip were gone. I also recently switched camera gear and that costed me a pretty penny. I needed some gear but couldnt afford to pay retail. One of the few things I wanted to replace the most was TAD hoodie which is excellent piece of equipment for climbing or trekking. TAD owner not only got me one even if they were sold out, price was taken care of and they rushed it to me.

#63328 - 04/07/06 05:47 PM Re: TAD Gear
billym Offline
Addict

Loc: Oakland, California
No doubt their stuff is great. But I used to go to the Oakland store often. Now that they are in SF the store has lost its appeal. There was very little merchandise on the sales floor. I tried to buy a knife that was online that morning but they did not have any stock on hand.
I know some of the guys there including the owner. They were always friendly when I went in. This time I didn't recognize anyone and half of the store was devoted to some kind of toy figures from Japan.
I just don't think a trip to the store is warranted; it is out of the way in a somewhat sketchy neighborhood and had very little inventory.
Some ecommerce sites need a storefront to do business with some brands. So maybe that is why it was so weak; it is a token so they can order from some bigger suppliers.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 268 Guests and 32 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by chaosmagnet
Today at 01:07 AM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
Yesterday at 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.