The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#59670 - 02/13/06 05:43 PM Re: How many of you have a plan? Urban Chaos Scena
ki4buc Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Augusta, GA
You will probably get farther on a bicycle than you would in a car. It could be hard to get gasoline, and you only have to find food for yourself to power the bicycle. Of course, being in shape first would definately help.

Finding food will just require creativity.

#59671 - 02/14/06 12:38 AM Re: How many of you have a plan? Urban Chaos Scenarios
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pttsbg SWestern Pa USA N-Amer....
At the least, -a guy of Small Means such as me, -is gonna know which Direction to literally Walk out of my City! Should such major Tragedy strike. It'd probably be an Intermediate to Long Range Hike. To or beyond either our Northern, Eastern, Southern, or Western Suburbs, -depending on which way the prevailing winds are blowing, at the time.

I recall New Yorkers at least TWICE Walking out of their City en masse, -*post* 9-11. Plus of course on the latter occasion itself. Of course I am far closer to my area's Suburbs and Countryside in my much smaller Urban Area, -than they.

Yes I have given Distinct Thought, -of which way I'd do a Walking or Biking Bugout, -should such ever occur. [color:"black"] [/color] [email]dbeeksci[/email]

#59672 - 02/14/06 01:13 AM Re: How many of you have a plan? Urban Chaos Scenarios
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

If you could get across Florida Bay in a Boat or Aircraft, -to that other, more northerly part of your Monroe County, -namely the Glades, -you and your Bugout may be doing Pretty Allright! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]olddude[/email]

#59673 - 02/14/06 01:35 AM Re: How many of you have a plan? Urban Chaos Scena
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

I recall Koreans staying in place, -Defending their Businesses from their Rooftops, -during the LA riots. They pretty well Saved their Businesses, -and Very Admirably at that! But they could have very well Lost their Own Selves! There's a good chance that if I were in their shoes at the time, -I wouldn't so do as they! As with Mugging and Robbery, ("Blastedly!") Give them YOUR Wallet and Money! *Don't* Foolishly Fight for!, -and Lose your Own Life over it! As Admirable as such Fight is! And as much as I may want to Clobber the dude! Rather than just Obsequiously Give In! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]Bugman37[/email]

#59674 - 02/14/06 04:01 AM Re: How many of you have a plan? Urban Chaos Scenarios
m9key Offline

Loc: florida
scott i like your thinking there are the 10000 islands (south of marco island fl)which i have camped numerous times perfect place to bug out

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 365 Guests and 59 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
Today at 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.