The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#55879 - 12/12/05 01:04 AM London Bridge Trading- opinions
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
I know their stuff is supposed to be good, or at least comperable to Eagle and Blackhawk. But are they worth the extra? One of my collegues is freshly back from the Middle East, and he's selling off some gear, I was wondering if they were worth the extra money, or if they were just a lot of hoopla.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#55880 - 12/12/05 01:14 PM Re: London Bridge Trading- opinions
Fox10 Offline

Ironraven,

I have always found the stuff from London Bridge to be good quality. The fire starter kit at the top of my CamelBak H.A.W.G. is in a pen flare pouch made by London Bridge. I also have a small EOD leg pouch from them that has made an ideal tool pouch for my BOB. It's some of there more unique stuff that I get from them.

Fox10

www.bepreparedtosurvive.com

#55881 - 12/12/05 06:57 PM Re: London Bridge Trading- opinions
Malpaso Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
This is the first I'd heard of them, so I checked out their web site. Looks like everything says "call for pricing". Maybe it's just me, but I find that very annoying.

#55882 - 12/14/05 12:05 AM Re: London Bridge Trading- opinions
readyone Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Florida
Fox10,

I received your book yesterday (Build the Perfect Survival Kit) and I have not been able to get away from it. Everytime I go to something else I get to thinking about this and that and grab your book and "look it up". I have toyed with different survival kits for some time now and your book has provided me with more things to ponder.

I was reviewing the makeup of the large Camelbak backpack and got to researching the pouches that you referred too in the book, and your previous post. Could you please tell me what model the London Bridge pouch was and the "five" small pouches from Blackhawk. I cannot seem to find them on the Blackhawk or London Bridge websites. They appear to fit the Camelbak very well and I need some more options for external compartment configurations.

Have you had a chance to break in your Maxpedition Jumbo Fatboy? I am also considering it and I am looking for opinions. I already have a Maxpedition Devildog. I really like the Devildog but it does not carry well on the waist when fully loaded because there is no shoulder support for it (equals back ache). I would like to see Maxpedition develop some type of shoulder strap system for better support.

Thanks again for the Great book and I am looking forward to reading it cover to cover for some fresh ideas.

ONE DAY CLOSER

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 261 Guests and 58 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.