The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#54393 - 11/27/05 11:20 PM Re: Another reminder to store water--UPDATE
X-ray Dave Offline
Addict

Loc: Nevada
It's a good idea to keep water in more than 1 place so you don't lose it all .

Dave

#54394 - 12/05/05 10:35 PM Re: Another reminder to store water--UPDATE
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pttsbg SWestern Pa USA N-Amer....
Yes, -I've recently read about it's now entering the Amur River, (a major World Class river!, -for those unfamiliar, -No mere brooklet!), -which serves as much of that area's Russian / Chinese border. The Nenets tribespeople of the area, as you say, -are mad as heck! Or certainly mighty Displeased! (Asians often don't "pop off into emotionalism", -like many of we do here in the West. Differing Cultural Values, etc.).

So much of their Lifestyle, -is so heavily dependant, -on Amur Fish. And now they're being told not to eat Amur fish, -for a year!

However, -a river such as the Amur, (which can Stand Respectfully shoulder to shoulder with say our Mississippi / Missourri !), -doubtless has many tributaries. (Some, such as the Shilka and several others, -are Great Rivers in their own right!). Tribs right down to the smallest brooks. Of which there must be many, -in that Great Siberian Forest.

Thus Water, -as well as *other* fish, -can surely be aquired from those! Though Amur Class fish won't be available in all of them.

I lament what has happened to the Amur (a personally Beloved World River of mine!) (Something Belovedly Great even in it's very Name!), -from someone else upstream.

But when it comes down to Brass Tacks Survival, -I don't see what the catastrophic Survival Situation is! The Amur again, is far from the area's *only* Great and Pristine River! Those Fine Outdoors Folks will be visiting *other* riverbanks soon enuff. And as with our own Alaska's Prince William Sound and Mt St' Helens, -the Amur itself will Heal Up! And Magnificently!

Along this general line, -our Pittsgurgh Zoo has an Excellent Asian Forest exhibit! Replicating precisely that Amur River area! Our Northeast U.S. Forest, -and that Southeast Siberian / Manchurian / Korean Forests, -are in very many ways Very Similar! As the Exhibit makes a point of mentioning. (I understand also that our entire Appalachians in general, -to which I am quite near!, -shares a lot of Plantlife Similarity, -with this Asian and Amur Forest!).

This Outstanding Exhibit may be a "so so pass thru" area to many here at our Zoo, (Sadd!), -but it's by a Good Ways my personal Favorite!,

By the way, -its *not* all Asian and Amur Plantlife there! Great and Enjoyable as that is! We also have here a Siberian Tiger! [color:"black"] [/color] [color:"black"] [/color] [email]Arney[/email]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.