Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#3951 - 02/06/02 01:37 AM Likely Survival Situations?
Anonymous
Unregistered

New here, and wondering what you folks see as the most likely survival situations? With the "war on terrorism", apparent "prophecies coming true", and the staggering losses of jobs (possible economic disasters?), isn't it more likely that simple day-to-day survival might be something we should all be preparing for?<br><br>I'm not talking Y2K stuff, here, just plain and simple hard times to come... I see it all around me, and am taking steps to help my family and others get through them through my website and ebooks (http://www.realjunkscience.com)<br><br>I commandeered the term "Junk Science" to cover my own skills at taking commonplace items and turning them to uses that make my life easier, less expensive, and self-sufficient. A lot of my articles are online, drop by and take a look if you get time.<br><br>But again, my question is, aren't these potential scenarios more likely than a jetliner crash on a desert island?<br><br>Wayne

#3952 - 02/06/02 02:21 AM Re: Likely Survival Situations?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wayne,<br> <br>Welcome, Glad to have you here! The site adminstrator / owner started with survival gear for general aviation over wilderness and water. The site has grown much larger since then but that remains the bulk of the info here - temprorary survival in mostly wilderness settings. There have been a few threads on urban survival in the forum and there are some interesting links under that title on the site. There is also an article from an MD that was active in the first few days after 9/11 at ground zero - makes great reading.<br><br>Haven't seen much here on surviving long-term unemployment during economics tough times and TEOTWAWKI scenarios are specifically not addressed as per this link from the front-page http://www.equipped.org/pop_up_survivalist_def.htm<br><br>The slant I have seen here is mostly temporary interruptions of life-as-usual scenarios like the ones on the stories pages.<br>http://www.equipped.org/srvstoriestoc.htm<br><br>There have been some interesting threads on the forum on bugging out and bugging in during localized disasters such as terrorism, flood, quake, storm ... (Fema sorts of events)<br><br>Just skimmed you site and some of your technique and "junk science" is very interesting and quite welcome here. You will probably find more of the same in the forum.

#3953 - 02/06/02 03:25 AM Re: Likely Survival Situations?
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

"When the next race war comes Im siding with the bears"- John Muir

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 505 Guests and 52 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
Today at 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
Yesterday at 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.