Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#3839 - 01/30/02 05:24 AM Micro kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

<br>Hi. I've been reading along for a while now and have created my own kit. You can see it at http://www.eskimo.com/~coylh/<br><br>If I don't win Smallest Kit award, I at least want mention for Sexiest Tin. :-)

#3840 - 01/30/02 08:41 AM Re: Micro kit
jet Offline
Enthusiast

That Vicki's Mints tin looks to be just about the precise same size as an Altoid's Tiny Tin, and I've seen some kits even smaller, so no award there. But, I think I can give you at least my own personal vote for the Sexiest Tin Award.

#3841 - 01/30/02 02:06 PM Re: Micro kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interesting kit. Good size for an urban environment, though I don't know if it's exactly what I would put in it. Considering urban plan, I might drop the whistle and add it to your key chain, then throw in a calling card and/or a few quarters for an emergency phone call. Then stick a "ranger rubber band" around it to help keep it closed/shifting in pocket. That's my $.02. Hope it helps.<br><br>Very sexy BTW. It kinda did things for me. Though some people might raise an eyebrow to it.<br><br>

#3842 - 01/30/02 06:22 PM Re: Micro kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

raye. <br>interesting kit.<br>I'm in agrrement with kozlowsky ( did I spell that right?) and I'd say that since it's such a small tin you might want to think about keeping the photon on your keyring as well.<br>what about a few more repair itames like a few more saftey pins and maybe some tape of some kind? And I bet you could gat some more wire tyes in there seeing how little space thy take up.<br>well, hope I've said something constructive.<br>-james

#3843 - 01/30/02 08:48 PM Re: Micro kit
cliff Offline
Sultan of Spiffy
Enthusiast

Loc: Louisiana
Victoria's Secret Tin?? Perhaps Doug would list their website in the manufacturers/suppliers section. <grin!!><br>My wife's response to "Honey, we need to go to Victoria's Secret for a survival kit tin!", was a raised eyebrow and a "Yea, right". <br><br>Cool kit, though.<br><br>I agree with Jet - put the whistle and Photon on your key ring. Make space for other stuff. I carry some quarters and a $5 bill, a business card, an Xacto blade, some band-aids, two spare meds I have to take every day (in case I forget) and two alcohol wipes. I also have some aspirin, a sewing kit, and some matches.<br><br>My mini PSK, along with my Leatherman Juice Kf4, travels in my day-timer case and is used near every day. I have a Photon III, a Leatherman Micra, and a Done-Rite Military Match (wrapped with Spiderwire and covered in surgical tubing) on my key chain.<br><br>With all that, plus an Amex card and a cell phone, and I can usually survive most day-to-day situations. (When going to New Orleans though, I throw in a .357 and some hollow points...)<br><br> .....CLIFF<br>

#3844 - 01/31/02 04:13 AM Re: Micro kit
schaz Offline

Loc: California
Ray<br><br> I like the ballpoint pen refill with tape around it to give it some heft. I plan to copy it.<br><br> Thanks for the idea.<br><br> Seth

#3845 - 01/31/02 01:08 PM Micro kit; another idea
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another idea:<br><br> Go to your neighborhood drug store, to the "corns and bunion" section.<br><br> Spend a buck and a half or so for a four- pack of Dr Scholl's blister pads, in the flat blue plastic container. Use the pads in one of your medical kits, but THE PACKAGE IS A JEWEL.<br><br> It's flat, gently curved to fit your leg or butt, depending on where you carry it. 3 1/4" X 2 3/4" X 1/2" deep; strong plastic and easily waterproofed with tape if you overfill it. Probably last for years.<br><br> No rust, stiff enough not to deform, considerably smaller than an Altoids tin -- even in snug pants, it's unobtrusive and practically invisible in your front pants pocket.<br><br> I use it for my urban carry, with band aids, butterfly, OTC meds, twine, mini compass, Photon, Xacto blade, mini sewing kit & safety pins, mini lighter & a sparklite tinde, plus a foot or so of folded duct tape on non stick label paper stockr. I seal it with a couple tabs of Scotch 33+ electrical tape, then wrap it with a couple of rubber bands for miscellaneous use.<br><br>I keep a mini-Fresnel lens in my wallet, plus a key chain with:<br>-CMG Infinity LED flash<br>-SAK (Executive, with scissors, file, tweezers, toothpick, canopener, blade)<br>-cut down mini-Fox 40 whistle<br>-SwissTech mini tool (mini-pliers, stripper, reg & Phillips screwdriver)<br> <br>I think I've read most every thread on this site, and continue to make improvements; but the key chain PLUS the Dr. Scholl's box holds everything I currently favor for everyday urban carry. If I'm going off-road, I take my full bore PSK in the BCB tin with the more wilderness oriented stuff.<br><br>In fact, I like the Dr Scholl's box so well I went back and bought antoher one just in case they ever change their packaging. It would probably work pretty well as a supplemental med's container for those folks not wanting to carry a second Altoids tin to supplement their established PSK with non medical survival items.<br><br> Anyone else seen these? Do you like it as well as I do?<br><br> -- KBPS - If you haven't already done so, be sure to check out Ranger Rick's website : www.therangerdigest.com.<br><br> Great tricks and tips from an old hand; check out his survival necklace!<br> <br>

#3846 - 02/05/02 02:51 AM Re: Micro kit; another idea
Anonymous
Unregistered

O ya thats what I carry sort of it sound the same but mine held some Maxalt-MLT medication. it works great.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 528 Guests and 94 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
Today at 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
Yesterday at 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.