Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#3367 - 01/08/02 09:06 PM BoB and PSK
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi All<br>Need some help. Just getting started, been reading latest posts and would like some help putting togeter a BoB kit and a PSK. Would also like to know where everyone gets most of the goodies from.<br>Thanks in advance<br>Jack

#3368 - 01/08/02 11:30 PM Re: BoB and PSK
jet Offline
Enthusiast

Hi Jack,<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Just getting started, been reading latest posts and would like some help putting togeter a BoB kit and a PSK. Would also like to know where everyone gets most of the goodies from.<p><hr></blockquote><p>For help putting them together, I'd first suggest reading Doug's website articles. That'll tell you most of what you need to know. Make lists based on his to begin with. Remember that you don't have to use exactly the same items he does and feel free to change the list anywhere you have a reason to. Then, reading through the forum archives will handle most of the fine tuning for your lists. As you read, make notes beside the various items on your lists. As you read through your lists and notes, you'll pretty much be able to figure out most of what you'll need for a wide variety of situations.<br><br>Much of the time, Doug has links to manufacturers and retailers who provide gear. You can start there, looking up prices (incl' shiping & handling) for the items you're looking for. Then, you can use a web search engine like Google to comparison shop. Search for the names of the items you want, and see where they may be for sale cheaper. I'm always a bit amazed at some of the variation in price as I shop online. It's worth a bit of time to save some money, I think.<br><br>Keep in mind any local stores. I finally found a gourmet cooking store with the compressed dehydrated sponges I was looking for. Hardware stores are great for many items. I think I'm going to try looking at boating/yachting places for Map Seal, since I haven't found any yet at the places I normally go.<br><br>After you've done all of this, you'll likely have more specific questions you can throw to the forum for ideas, and you can throw out ideas you've come up with for discussion before or as you implement them. That's invaluable, and more specific questions can help us help you, as it were.<br><br>Hope that helps.

#3369 - 01/09/02 12:15 AM Re: BoB and PSK
AyersTG Offline
Veteran

Loc: Upper Mississippi River Valley...
Sorry I've been off-line for a while - PC has been down with a fatal op sys error and took all my "spare" time to get data recovered safely.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> I think I'm going to try looking at boating/yachting places for Map Seal, since I haven't found any yet at the places I normally go.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>I get Map Seal here usually, although occasionally a local sporting goods store has had it in the past: Campmor<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Scouter Tom<br>

#3370 - 01/09/02 01:19 AM map seal
jet Offline
Enthusiast

Thank you, Tom.

#3371 - 01/09/02 01:33 AM Re: BoB and PSK
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you look into the cheaper than dirt catalog sometimes you can find some pretty good deals. Somethings are not always that great but if your looking for something like ammo, you can buy bulk for pretty cheap. Works good if you like to shoot, put some in the bag and target shoot with the extra you got.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Eugene), 286 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.