After nearly a years wait I finally got an ACOG scope. Actually the wait was much longer as I saved and agonized over spending that amount of money before ordering. I am very pleased with the product but found the process of getting the scope to be an ordeal.

It seemed impossible to get a straight answer from the employees of Trijicon. The same employee on consecutive phone conversations gave different answers to the same question. I know I am not alone in feeling a company has given me the run around. One of the SWAT team members I work with got a similar response in trying to straighten out a problem with an Armilite product. He in fact got two different employees on the phone within five minutes of one another.....and you guessed it.....different answers. (By the way the Armilite issue was on a new product out of the box. On the first round through the gun the pinned on muzzle recoil check device flew off the rifle and down range.)

Ultimately both of us are happy with the products and are having no problems. (The Armilite problem was solved in the end.)

Trijicon provides to the military and I think Armilite products end up in their hands as well. I pray for those in the field if this is how military providers conduct business.