Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#302245 - 01/22/24 07:44 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Eugene]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Eugene
Those are the ones I ordered. Wife changed from trulicity to ozempic a few months ago, the Ozempic have just a tiny double ended needle cap that unscrews from the pen. These containers appear to be designed exactly for the ozempic as the needle end of them fits in exactly.

According to the video, the device accepts any lancet.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302246 - 01/23/24 12:26 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle

Wearing a backpack, even a Hello Kitty one, would attract attention if no one else in the area is wearing one.

And you donīt think a fully laden messenger bag draw any attention if someone is out for a prey?
Sorry but I think it is silly this fear of carrying a backpack.

Edited by Herman30 (01/23/24 12:27 PM)

#302247 - 01/23/24 02:28 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Herman30]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Herman30
And you donīt think a fully laden messenger bag draw any attention if someone is out for a prey?
Sorry but I think it is silly this fear of carrying a backpack.

When someone is on the lookout for something, they become highly alert and observant, noticing even the slightest of details. Therefore, trying to be incognito or hiding will not work against that person. No matter how hard you try to blend in, they will spot you.

To avoid drawing any attention, my objective in being the "grey man" is to become a part of the background, disappearing into the crowd. The idea is to be as unremarkable as possible so that nobody remembers you.

Being the "grey man" is not about being invisible but about being unnoticed. It's about not leaving any lasting impression on anyone's mind. The goal is to be like a chameleon, seamlessly blending in with your surroundings and adapting to any situation.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302248 - 01/23/24 02:33 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I agree with Herman30, carrying anything will make more of a target than not carrying anything and a messenger bag is going to be easier to steal than a backpack so it would make you more of a target.

#302249 - 01/23/24 03:29 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Eugene]
Carpal Tunnel

I agree with Herman30, carrying anything will make more of a target than not carrying anything and a messenger bag is going to be easier to steal than a backpack so it would make you more of a target.

I specifically addressed Herman's concern about "if someone is out for a prey," not which type of bag is easier to steal.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302250 - 01/23/24 09:43 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

What I mean is the messenger bag makes you less of a greyman and more "prey" because its easier to grab and run.

If your a "bad guy" and see three people walking, one has nothing, one a backpack, and one a messenger bag, which would you target?

The "bad guy" is going to target the messenger bag because he can run by and grab and yank it off easily. The backpack with two straps would be harder to take allowing the wearer more time to fight back.

So the messenger bag is the least "grey" of all.

#302251 - 01/23/24 10:51 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Eugene]
Carpal Tunnel

What I mean is the messenger bag makes you less of a greyman and more "prey" because its easier to grab and run.

If your a "bad guy" and see three people walking, one has nothing, one a backpack, and one a messenger bag, which would you target?

The "bad guy" is going to target the messenger bag because he can run by and grab and yank it off easily. The backpack with two straps would be harder to take allowing the wearer more time to fight back.

So the messenger bag is the least "grey" of all.

My concern is not the pickpocketer scanning a crowd to find the next victim. It's about not leaving a lasting impression on anyone's mind.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302252 - 01/24/24 01:26 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland

My concern is...about not leaving a lasting impression on anyone's mind.

So what is the bottom line why you donīt want anybody to remember you or what you look like? What do you fear would happen if someone remember and recognise you? If itīs not fear of someone stealing your stuff.

Because the way I dress and carry a front pack on my breast I stand out like a sore thumb and I donīt care one bit about it.
It might be my age (57) that makes me not give a flying hoot what others think of me.

Edited by Herman30 (01/24/24 01:32 PM)

#302253 - 01/24/24 02:44 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Herman30]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Herman30
So what is the bottom line why you donīt want anybody to remember you or what you look like? What do you fear would happen if someone remember and recognise you? If itīs not fear of someone stealing your stuff.

Because the way I dress and carry a front pack on my breast I stand out like a sore thumb and I donīt care one bit about it.
It might be my age (57) that makes me not give a flying hoot what others think of me.

Imagine if I were to wear a backpack in a place where most people don't wear them. It wouldn't matter if the backpack was something as harmless as a Hello Kitty backpack, I would still give off the impression that I am a prepper. While this may not be seen as negative at the moment, I worry that in a catastrophic event like a New Madrid earthquake or a collapse of the dollar, people will remember me as a possible prepper. This is something that I would like to avoid.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302254 - 01/25/24 02:45 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

• Washcloth - coughing, holding it helps with anxiety

Yesterday, I had a meeting with my social worker to discuss ways to cope with my anxiety. During our conversation, we delved into the topic of things that help me feel better when I'm feeling claustrophobic. I pulled out a soft, white washcloth from my bag and explained to her how holding it helps me stay calm. She then asked me if it was the texture of the cloth that helped me feel better. While I wasn't sure, I mentioned that I had considered switching it out for something like a bandana, but I didn't think it would work.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (chaosmagnet), 263 Guests and 50 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by clearwater
Yesterday at 06:11 PM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.