Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#302204 - 01/09/24 07:59 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Michael2]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Michael2
I think the main trash-disposal issues are really only with medical sharps, contagious medical wastes, and chemical/radioactive toxics.

If your glucometer uses lancets, there are tiny portable sharps containers that are good for travel, e.g., FINEPRO 0.2L Size Portable Pen-Needle Disposal Container Diabetes Care

I have a sharps container at home, but I hadn't considered getting a travel-size unit until you suggested it.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302205 - 01/09/24 09:51 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Useful at home even, wife has went from the big trulicity pens to the new ozsomething which just have a tiny double needle in a removable tip so we no longer need a big container at home

Edited by Eugene (01/09/24 09:51 PM)

#302207 - 01/11/24 12:52 AM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

I received the AMK Ultralight/Watertight .3, but it's not the same first aid kit I had before. I'll have to make my own.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302208 - 01/11/24 02:04 AM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Herman30]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Herman30
As they are non-flushable the only solution is to put used one in a trash bin.

Today, I noticed a sign in one of the clinic bathrooms requesting that flushable wipes be disposed of in the trash bin. Although I didn't use one, I would comply with the request as I would with any similar request at any other place.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302209 - 01/11/24 07:18 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
In my country it is same thing. There are so called flushable inner cardboard rolls in TP rolls but anybody who is proffessional plumber say they are not, they clogg the plumbing.

#302210 - 01/11/24 08:07 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: chaosmagnet]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
The one thing that might make you more comfortable carrying the weight would be to change from a messenger-type bag to a backpack. In my case, I made that change for my (heavy!) laptop and IT-service bag, and it helped me substantially.

I asked my mom which was more inconspicuous, a backpack or a messenger bag. Despite living in a college town, we don't reside in that particular area. According to my mom, a messenger bag is the more subtle option for our area. I plan to continue reducing the weight of my shoulder bag wherever possible.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302211 - 01/11/24 08:28 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

I received the keychain flashlight today and attached it to my keychain. As the AMK Ultralight/Watertight .3 did not work out, I plan to assemble my own FAK.

I intend to purchase travel-size flushable wipes and a portable sharps container. Could you suggest which sharps container I should get? Considering the rigorous use my bag goes through, I need something secure, and the option with the sliding lid seems to be the most secure.

Ever Ready First Aid Porta Sharps Transportable Sharps Container with Locking Mechanism - 6 Count
Alcedo Portable Sharps Container for Tra..., Medical Grade

Jeanette Isabelle

Edited by Jeanette_Isabelle (01/11/24 08:31 PM)

#302212 - 01/11/24 11:31 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Michael2 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Ever Ready First Aid Porta Sharps Transportable Sharps Container with Locking Mechanism - 6 Count

I got those first and returned them immediately. It seemed they are intended to be single use. You put ONE item in, lock it closed, and that's it.

Please see the one-star reviews on Amazon.

#302213 - 01/11/24 11:47 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Michael2]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Michael2
I got those first and returned them immediately. It seemed they are intended to be single use. You put ONE item in, lock it closed, and that's it.

Please see the one-star reviews on Amazon.

In a previous post, you shared a link to the following. Is this the unit you recommend?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09V5QYRP6?th=1

Jeanette Isabelle

#302214 - 01/12/24 05:09 AM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Herman30]
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: Herman30
In my country it is same thing. There are so called flushable inner cardboard rolls in TP rolls but anybody who is proffessional plumber say they are not, they clogg the plumbing.

It seems like is a lot a misinformation regarding flushable items out there. Paper handkerchiefs are not flushable either. I recently put one through a washing and dryer cycle by accident. It worked its way out of the pant pocket and survived. It was separated into 4 clean, undamaged layers. I my youth they used to disintegrate and decorate the entire laundry.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 243 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by clearwater
Yesterday at 06:11 PM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.