Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#302215 - 01/12/24 05:30 AM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Michael2 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Is this the unit you recommend? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09V5QYRP6
It's the one I bought and use. Works for me.

Edited by Michael2 (01/12/24 05:31 AM)

#302216 - 01/12/24 03:21 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
I removed my 4-ounce bottle of hand sanitizer when I put my bag on a diet. However, I realized that I always need hand sanitizer whenever I am away from home. There have been times when I have faced problems with the plumbing or water supply. Additionally, there have been numerous occasions when there were no paper towels in public restrooms, or the hand dryer was not working. In such situations, having a small bottle of hand sanitizer is quite useful. Therefore, I have decided to get a one or two-ounce bottle of hand sanitizer.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302217 - 01/12/24 03:41 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: M_a_x]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: M_a_x
Paper handkerchiefs are not flushable either.

I had never heard of paper handkerchiefs before, so I looked it up online. In the United States, we refer to them as facial tissues.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302218 - 01/12/24 07:06 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland

I asked my mom which was more inconspicuous, a backpack or a messenger bag.

Jeanette Isabelle

I fail to understand why a backpack would make you less inconsicuous.Especially if the backpack is civilian and bright colored and not tactical with molle.

#302219 - 01/12/24 07:36 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Herman30]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Herman30
I fail to understand why a backpack would make you less inconsicuous.Especially if the backpack is civilian and bright colored and not tactical with molle.

The key factor is the attire of other individuals in the vicinity. If you carry a backpack, regardless of whether it appears as a non-military design, and none of the other people in the area are carrying one, then it will attract attention. I wouldn't even want to hint that I'm a prepper.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302220 - 01/12/24 07:55 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland

The key factor is the attire of other individuals in the vicinity. If you carry a backpack, regardless of whether it appears as a non-military design, and none of the other people in the area are carrying one, then it will attract attention. I wouldn't even want to hint that I'm a prepper.

Jeanette Isabelle

OK, since I donīt know your surroundings itīs hard to comment anything. Here in my country we donīt have that kind of problem. Backpacks are a commong thing to lug your daily stuff and prepping is not a thing here.

#302221 - 01/12/24 08:04 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Herman30]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Herman30
OK, since I donīt know your surroundings itīs hard to comment anything. Here in my country we donīt have that kind of problem. Backpacks are a commong thing to lug your daily stuff and prepping is not a thing here.

I strive to provide comprehensive information, but I am uncertain how it is received, particularly by individuals from different regions of the world.

Additionally, most Americans do not engage in prepping, which is why we aim to maintain a low profile.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302240 - 01/22/24 04:49 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
clearwater Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Channeled Scablands
Can you add a waist belt or a second shoulder strap to distribute the load?

I use an old pill bottle for sharps.

Fluids are the heaviest. Perhaps carry just water and bring powdered ingredients to mix needed drinks.

There are backpacks that don't look prepper at all. Maybe something in Hello Kitty.

Edited by clearwater (01/22/24 05:09 PM)

#302242 - 01/22/24 05:36 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: clearwater]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: clearwater
Fluids are the heaviest. Perhaps carry just water and bring powdered ingredients to mix needed drinks.

I assume you're suggesting that having Powerade or Propel with two bottles of water is too much. While I like the security of carrying extra water, I understand the weight issue and will consider it.

Originally Posted By: clearwater
There are backpacks that don't look prepper at all. Maybe something in Hello Kitty.

Wearing a backpack, even a Hello Kitty one, would attract attention if no one else in the area is wearing one.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302244 - 01/22/24 06:35 PM Re: EDC Reduction [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Michael2
I got those first and returned them immediately. It seemed they are intended to be single use. You put ONE item in, lock it closed, and that's it.

Please see the one-star reviews on Amazon.

In a previous post, you shared a link to the following. Is this the unit you recommend?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09V5QYRP6?th=1

Jeanette Isabelle

Those are the ones I ordered. Wife changed from trulicity to ozempic a few months ago, the Ozempic have just a tiny double ended needle cap that unscrews from the pen. These containers appear to be designed exactly for the ozempic as the needle end of them fits in exactly.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 243 Guests and 80 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Hoover Stew
by brandtb
Yesterday at 03:45 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.