Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#301166 - 08/04/22 08:36 AM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Glad you are finally settling with your mom. Big relief.

I remember when construction of our current house was finished 20 year ago, and last worker left, I just laid down on the floor of the living room, closed my eyes, and had a big dreamy smile on my face. OUR HOME. AT LAST.LOL.

Yeah, it was a big relief.

#301167 - 08/04/22 08:39 AM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Quote:
replace items that got left behind

I have always wondered about people leaving stuff, I mean big stuff, in their houses after departure. When we graduated and were leaving college dorms, some students left refrigerators , computers, books, and other stuff. I couldn't understand that.

I gave my fridge to a couple of new students.
Never given my books to anybody.

#301169 - 08/04/22 09:32 AM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
Good to hear that everything is basicly OK.

#301170 - 08/04/22 12:09 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Chisel]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Chisel
I have always wondered about people leaving stuff, I mean big stuff, in their houses after departure. When we graduated and were leaving college dorms, some students left refrigerators , computers, books, and other stuff. I couldn't understand that.

The items I referenced were not left in the house except for what was spelled out in the contract: the fridge, washer, and dryer. We had to give away a lot of stuff because there was no room in the POD.

Jeanette Isabelle

#301171 - 08/06/22 08:57 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

We had to leave a lot to move. I had lots of (lumber)wood in a shed that i head to leave behind, some old computers, etc. Just didn't have room or time to load it all up. Three loads my wife, myself and two very young kids within a couple days time.

#301175 - 08/11/22 10:14 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

One of the signs that you are in Texas is dining at an authentic Dairy Queen restaurant, not those eateries that are Dairy Queen in name only.

Today I was at peace as I had lunch of a burger and fries.

Jeanette Isabelle

#301184 - 08/20/22 01:39 AM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
The box (that held my high school diploma and a dream catcher my Native American friend made for me years ago) is lost.

Mom found the box. It was mixed with her stuff.

We ascertained that because my box was half full and we were in a rush, Mom saw the half-full box and added her stuff. After more than three months of rush, chaos, and living in a state of limbo, who would remember that?

I have my high school diploma, the dream catcher my Native American friend made for me, and other treasures I could not find.

Jeanette Isabelle

#301189 - 08/20/22 10:59 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Monday, Mom received a text regarding the Navasota house, talked to a representative, and saw the progress. The builder can meet the third completion date of May 23. Yesterday, the property in Florida finally closed, and the title company wired the money.

After more than two months, we'll finally have a permanent residence in Texas.

The first house, the one we were supposed to move into in May, is completed and for sale.

Jeanette Isabelle

#301191 - 08/21/22 04:08 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The box (that held my high school diploma and a dream catcher my Native American friend made for me years ago) is lost.

Mom found the box. It was mixed with her stuff.

So now is a good time to do a lessons learned and improve. Search this forum for "blasts binder" or similar posts or the HYST binder here http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/blogs/klessons/

Your papers like a diploma should all be in one place aka Blasts Binder or the HYST binder.

#301264 - 10/02/22 01:27 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

I applied for my Texas driver's license on Friday and should get that in two weeks. The last major renovation project, remodeling the master bathroom, is currently in progress. After that's completed, Mom and I will tackle the final moving project, going through the last of the boxes in the garage. Mom's hoping that she will find the missing kitchen utensils.

On a side note, I have to remind Mom of what we had to leave behind and what we brought. Given the three weeks of rush and chaos, I understand why she's uncertain or where things are.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 170 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/06/24 06:18 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
China and Taiwan
by brandtb
02/19/24 02:18 PM
No More Ritter Knives?
by KenK
02/19/24 01:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.