Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#299560 - 07/31/21 10:44 PM Re: Designer Body [Re: Bingley]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Bingley
Some people may want a slim, petite body. But be careful of what you wish for. I know a number of slim, petite women whose genetics is such that it is really hard for them to gain weight. Some wish they were curvy and could fill out a bikini better. Some have to gain weight for health reasons, and they have a hard time doing it. Some get bullied and have unflattering, objectifying adjectives thrown at them.

I intended to mention this earlier. Being a petite woman would be better than I had wanted for a long time, and that is to remain frozen in my preteen years. The problems with being an adult in a preteen body are many. I could not drive, it would be difficult to find a job, and I would not be socially accepted.

Given that, I see being a petite woman as the better alternative.

Jeanette Isabelle

#299566 - 08/01/21 05:47 PM Re: Designer Body [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

I can't find it. Many years ago, someone made a similar thread, but the context was different.

The question was somewhere along the lines of which physical description is ideal for a survival situation. For example, is it best to be a big, husky man in a survival situation able to lift a lot of weight but require more protein and calories? Or is it better to be a small person who does not need as many calories but cannot do the tasks of a large man?

Other factors included who would be the bigger target?

Jeanette Isabelle

#299567 - 08/01/21 07:25 PM Re: Designer Body [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
The correct answer depends upon which survival situation - they aren't standardized. Survival is a bit like cave exploration. Some passages favor big people and quite often there are constricted passages suitable only for a tiny person.

The correct answer is probably "both of the above" - a well coordinated group which intelligently uses the capabilities of its members.

I have heard that for maximum survival when resources are scarce, the honed, six pack ab types will not fare as well as those who, while still reasonably athletic, are just a tad overweight (belly fat = emergency rations)

Take the boy your parents gave you and do what you can to improve its capabilities....

What does being a bigger target have to do with it? Are you just focusing on civic strife situations and violence?

Edited by hikermor (08/01/21 07:29 PM)

#299568 - 08/01/21 07:33 PM Re: Designer Body [Re: hikermor]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: hikermor
What does being a bigger target have to do with it? Are you just focusing on civic strife situations and violence?

It's been years since I read that thread. However, I do recall that being a factor. That would only be a factor in an urban environment.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 170 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/06/24 06:18 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
China and Taiwan
by brandtb
02/19/24 02:18 PM
No More Ritter Knives?
by KenK
02/19/24 01:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.