Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#298241 - 01/31/21 06:44 PM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

My urban EDC is in transition, more about that later, but this is what I carry if I step out of the house to go pretty much anywhere.

• RSK® MK1-G2 (pocket)
  • Mini-RSK® MK1-G2 (watch pocket - both because, folks ask, need to be able to show them both off wink )
  • Wallet with Sue and My ICE cards
  • Android Phone with Emergency contact and ICE files
  • 1 oz bottle Hand Sanitizer

On a Bison Designs Circle Key Caddie:

• Olight I1R 2 Eos flashlight
  • Surefire Franken-Titan flashlight http://www.equipped.org/blog/?p=664
  • Cut-down Mini-Fox 40
  • Verbatim Micro Plus USB Drive - 16GB
  • Spudz Micro Ultimate Lens Cloth
  • Mini-Sharpie

In a concealed carry fanny pack/shoulder bag (usually carried on shoulder) that weighs in at 6.8 lbs. (compared to wife's 11 lbs. purse!):

• Glock 17 with TRU-GLO night sights and Streamlight TLR6 light/laser combo
  • Spare magazine.
  • Surefire E2 flashlight
  • TacMedSol SOF-T tourniquet
  • QuickClot Hemostatic Combat Gauze (Z-Fold)
  • Hyfin Compact Chest Seal
  • 1 Pair Nitrile gloves
  • Leatherman Charge TI + additional bits for Charge bit holder
  • 2 x Wet-Ones Towelettes
  • Scrubs Hand Cleaner Towelette
  • Phokus Frog Tape pack
  • 36" Gaffer Tape wrapped around key card
  • Assortment of Coverlet adhesive bandages in zipperlock bag
  • Small zipperlock baggie of Benadryl
  • Spare face mask

For quicker CCW access, I am transitioning to a new CC firearm that I will carry in "normal" CCW manner on my right hip. Waiting on the new holster and putting a few hundred more rounds downrange (annoyingly expensive these days). While I have been a full-size Glock guy forever, the Hellcat was the first Micro that "fit" me and I could naturally point and shoot well and that had a reasonably high capacity (13+1).

Then probably move to a smaller/lighter EDC "man bag" for the gear.

• Springfield Hellcat OSP
  • SIG ROMEO Zero RDS
  • Viridian C5L Green laser/light combo
  • APEX Action Enhancement Trigger
  • DPM Systems Recoil Spring System
  • Hogue HandALL Beavertail Grip Sleeve
  • Theis Holsters IWB Hybrid Holster w/ ECR
  • Theis Holsters IWB Hybrid Magazine Carrier (left side)

Edited by Doug_Ritter (01/31/21 07:14 PM)
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#298242 - 01/31/21 07:10 PM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Alan_Romania Offline

Addict

Loc: Arizona
Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter
Phokus Frog Tape pack

Forgot that I have a pack of this in my EDC as well!

Edited by Alan_Romania (01/31/21 07:10 PM)

#298276 - 02/04/21 01:58 AM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
Fenix E12
pill fob with aspirin, ibuprofen, phenolephrine
bandana
Acme Tornado
P38
G43x and spare mag
Kershaw Leek
Kyocera flip phone
wallet with small blood stop gauze and 4x4pad,
cash and credit cards

in the car
tourniquet, quick clot, NPA, Israeli bandages (2),Kerlix gauze, EMT shears, petroleum gauze, Olaes dressing
fire extinguisher
jumper cables
1/2 case of bottled water
G17 in a Recover Tactical brace/front mag holder,Streamlight ProTac in Viking Tactics mount, Vortex Viper machined slide on G17 with Dawson Precision co witness sights couple extra long mags

#298303 - 02/10/21 11:56 PM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
Treeseeker Offline

Loc: California
I bought a new EDC flashlight and I am impressed.

I have been carrying a Fenix E01 flashlight for many years. I went through 3 or 4 of them since the switch wears out. Now I found they are not made anymore, so I set out to find a new flashlight.

I finally settled on this Lumintop AAA flashlight. It has three light modes, 110, 35, and 5 lumens. It is also IP68 waterproof. And it comes with a reversible clip, so you can clip to a pocket or a hat visor. It also comes with spare o-rings, a diffuser, and a keychain clip. It is just a tiny bit larger than the old Fenix E01.

I use Eneloop AAA batteries which work fine.

I love this light!

I paid $15.99 for it on Amazon. Check it out here: LUMINTOP TOOL AAA Mini EDC Flashlight

Note that the Amazon site title says it is 130lm, but elsewhere on the page it says 110lm, and manual says that also.

#298926 - 05/05/21 10:58 PM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Four pens.

#298930 - 05/06/21 04:20 AM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
I got a belly band holster that allow me to CCW a sidearm I can access with my left hand (until I am able to use my right again).

#298964 - 05/14/21 04:30 AM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Acropolis50 Offline
Journeyman

Doug: May I suggest that you add to your “ Benadryl Baggie”, 2-4 pseudophedrin tabs, 4-8 caffeine tabs (2 pseudo tabs and 2-4 caffeine tabs, give u a heck of a legal energy boost), 4 -8 ibuprofen tabs & 2-4 ES Acetaminophen tabs ( 2 of each of the last to give you a legal and powerful pain reliever/ anti-inflammatory, now used in military aid kits)). Importantly , 8 x 81mg. , chewable children’s aspirin tabs, in case of suspected heart attack. And , 1-3 days supply of any prescription meds you may take daily or need daily or ICE , e.g. an inhaler. As I’ve aged, I added a commercial dental repair kit,+ a caffeinated tea bag to stop in mouth bleeding and repacked it in a very small zip-LLC bag. Alleviates a broken tooth, lost filing , cap that falls out, Oh, the pleasure of aging. [ If you fear nuclear accidents or “dirty bombs” ,add potassium iodate tabs in foil.]

I’d also suggest adding either or both a compressed , sterile, triangular bandage or/ and an XL yellow or Orange , hot pressed, folded cotton bandana in a small Gerber sterile Breast Milk Bag. They give you multiple use options: a bandage, wound dressing, sling, signal flag, cap, sweat band/ flashlight holder, cap, xtra gear carrier, etc., etc. I also use a form fitting Mophie extra battery on my I-Phone , but Android models are available. It adds a125% of power to my phone.

I understand that flashlights are a highly personal choice, but my years of trial and error led me to carry a Fenix EO-5 , with AAA lithium battery, & a clip for pocket or hat band, a Photon yellow bulb Freedom, mounted backwards in its carrier to avoid accidental ”on”, both on my pocket key chain. I also carry a tiny Petzel e-lite headband light in whatever case I am carrying. Pre-Covid I’m frequently in high rise buildings, underground plazas , trains and train tunnels.

Extra points for adding a Mylar or Heat Sheet Blanket, a yellow bic or mini-bic lighter , tapped so it cannot be accidentally activated, in a Gearward bike tire waterproof cover. The cover can be cut into 3-4 circulat tinder rounds which will burn for about 2 minutes each. I have lately added a plastic covered 50’ spool of 200lb. test, ultra thin Kevlar cord and a large sewing needle.

Add emergency cash, , 10 x $1.00, 5 x $5.00, 5 x $10.00, 10 x $20.00. More if you can afford it. “ Money doesn’t talk. It swears” ( Bob Dylan). It buys unavailable things,e.g. train tickets, a ride out of the city, goods and gasoline or a hotel room, in a blackout or blizzard , when credit cards are useless. Mollifies herion muggers, etc.

I know the above sounds like a lot of gear, but it is only a few extra ounces and packs very compactly.

EXPANSION TO BASIC GHB: If you added an alluminium , single wall water bottle to hold water,or cook in, a couple of flat ,plastic water carriers, foil packed Water Pure tabs, a Survivor water purifier straw, a 4-way Silcock Key, some Millenium Bars, an extra Mylar blanket, extra wool socks, & leather gloves, you’d have a basic GHB, counting in the other equipment you mentioned. For tools add an 8” Knipex wire cutter and a 2lb. X 15”, Spax-16 Rescue Axe / pry bar/hydrant wrench/ gas- water cock wrench Now standard military aircraft issue,including Marine One. I’d also add a Gerber LMF II, as a knife and electrical cable cutter. But now we are @ ~ 10-12 lb.s and in small backpack territory.

Edited by Acropolis50 (05/14/21 07:35 AM)

#298980 - 05/18/21 01:28 PM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
I continue to struggle with how, exactly, I can carry medical gear on my person. If I'm carrying any bag or if I'm in my car I have medical gear close at hand.

A couple of the guys I train with keep medical gear in an ankle rig. I haven't invested in one; I suspect that I would find it too uncomfortable. I did build a pretty small kit suitable for a cargo pocket but I'm not carrying it much.

EDITED TO ADD: I always have medical gear on-body on the range.

Edited by chaosmagnet (05/18/21 01:29 PM)

#298981 - 05/18/21 05:31 PM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: chaosmagnet]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
I have found, being from time supervising groups, that having a few Band-Aids in my wallet has been quite handy. A real fairly extensive FAK is never far away.

Being able to handle boo-boo grade emergencies, the most frequent type, always keeps down the pucker factor.

#298985 - 05/19/21 07:35 PM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: hikermor]
Famdoc Offline

Loc: PA
Agree with Hikermor: I keep 1-2 each of about 6 different sizes/shapes of Bandaids in my wallet: they are employed several times a year at a minimum and saves a trip to the vehicle where the big paramedic box resides.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 173 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/06/24 06:18 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
China and Taiwan
by brandtb
02/19/24 02:18 PM
No More Ritter Knives?
by KenK
02/19/24 01:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.