Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#297820 - 12/20/20 09:43 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: Phaedrus]
Phaedrus Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Man, you need to switch news networks, Haertig! tired

#297821 - 12/20/20 10:14 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: Phaedrus]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
Man, you need to switch news networks, Haertig! tired

I'd love to. What do you recommend? I currently look at The Denver Post, Fox News, CNN, and 9News (NBC local TV news).

Oh, and The Babylon Bee - for when I want to get a more honest perspective on things. wink

#297822 - 12/20/20 10:34 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: Phaedrus]
Phaedrus Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Maybe less news then? grin I dunno, I don't read any of those. I guess ultimately just don't let it get to you?

#297860 - 12/25/20 06:37 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: Phaedrus]
CJK Offline
Addict

Loc: FL, USA
Field medic (going on 34 years) (23 where I am now). Got mine 2 days ago.... ONLY 'side effect" has been a sore arm.

#298075 - 01/14/21 09:36 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: CJK]
MartinFocazio Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Bucks County PA
I'm on the list! Looks like early-mid February, maybe earlier!

#298076 - 01/14/21 09:39 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: haertig]
MartinFocazio Offline

Pooh-Bah

I have such a huge smile, and maybe a few tears reading this.

#298077 - 01/14/21 10:03 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: hikermor]
MartinFocazio Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: hikermor

Adverse reactions to medication are not rare. I reacted adversely to aspirin when a teenager....

"In the US, 3 to 7% of all hospitalizations are due to adverse drug reactions." SOURCE

Importantly side effects are not adverse reactions. I was on a medicine that had a sticker on the bottle that warned MAY CAUSE DIZZINESS - and it did for me, but it does not for everyone.

The vaccines have side effects for some people, this is a known, and expected result. In any population there will be people who will have an unexpected reaction to any medication whatsoever. But if people started spontaneously speaking Dutch or their skin started to develop a rash two weeks after the vaccine - and that was not a known and expected side effect - then we'd be into "adverse effects" territory, and even then, it's not a dangerous adverse effect.

The link below is worth a read - in short, an "adverse reaction" is anything that was unintended from a headache to death and the overwhelming majority of people do not have them because of the clinical trials and testing that go into the development of medicine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6297296/

#298084 - 01/15/21 06:47 AM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: haertig]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: haertig
[quote=Phaedrus]I'd love to. What do you recommend? I currently look at The Denver Post, Fox News, CNN, and 9News (NBC local TV news).

BBC, Deutsche Welle, Radio France Internationale, South China Morning Post (from Hong Kong), Asahi Shimbun. They all have an English edition. I recommend you balance your diet of US-based journalism (which can be very similar in some significant ways even if they come from different perspectives) with reporting from abroad. You learn completely different things.

Also, TV news tends to be at a lower level than print journalism. If you transcribe what TV news anchors or talking heads say, you'll discover what sounds good live is actually really poorly thought out stuff.

Edited by Bingley (01/15/21 06:54 AM)

#298086 - 01/15/21 04:20 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: Phaedrus]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Quote:
I recommend you balance your diet of US-based journalism ... with reporting from abroad

That's actually a very good suggestion. Foreign correspondents don't have the pressure to be biased towards one side of the American debate or the other, simply because they probably don't have many Americans as their customers (relatively speaking, compared to customers from their own country). However, some foreign countries are going to have a heavy anti-American bias. I wouldn't trust news reports on America from The Iranian Daily Post for example.

#298095 - 01/16/21 01:46 AM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: Phaedrus]
Famdoc Offline

Loc: PA
My wife and I both had COVID19 early Nov.; courtesy of visiting a family member who probably brought it home from the hospital.
My wife was hospitalized for two days due to low oxygen levels, then had a fairly quick recovery.
I've had a longer course, amazing fatigue, and still have very slowly fading fatigue over two months later.
We have both now had the first dose of the Moderma vaccine.
I took Tylenol 1000 mg po beforehand and had no side-effects.
My wife didn't take Tylenol and woke up with 10/10 headache pain, severe skin burning/creepy crawly sensation, low grade fever and slept 12 hr today. She's feeling some better tonight. Naproxen helped.
YMMV.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 444 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.