Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#296014 - 05/08/20 06:23 PM Doug Ritter Introduces Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Doug Ritter recalls that about the second or third email he received after announcing the introduction of his acclaimed RSK® Mk1-G2 was a query asking when a "Mini" version would be available. Those sorts of emails, texts and posts have continued unabated. Ritter is pleased to announce that his Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2, manufactured by Hogue, is now available exclusively from KnifeWorks.com. The everyday low price is only $139.95 with FREE continental U.S. Ground shipping. Sales of all Doug Ritter knives and gear support Ritter's Knife Rights efforts.

The fully ambidextrous Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 (Generation 2) features Ritter's signature 3-D milled G10 handle, Ritter's highly regarded wide-chord, high flat-ground drop point blade in super premium CPM 20CV steel, 2.9 inches long, the ambidextrous ABLE™ Lock, and other refinements. Compact and svelte, it weighs in at just 2.6 ounces. Despite the smaller size, it is still a Doug Ritter knife you can bet your life on™.

The Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 is a compact, more conveniently sized version of Ritter's highly praised original. It is a superb utility folder and it will meet blade length restrictions that in some jurisdictions or locations still limit carry knives to a maximum three-inch blade length (albeit fewer than before Ritter started Knife Rights).

Ritter notes that creating the Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 was not as easy as just scaling down the full-size RSK® Mk1-G2. "The smaller the knife, the trickier it is to get the ergonomics right. But, with Hogue's perseverance we have created a Mini without sacrificing stellar ergonomics and performance."

The Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 is manufactured in the USA and is covered by Hogue's recently updated limited lifetime warranty that accommodates owner maintenance and disassembly.

The Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 is initially available with either a Black or Orange G10 handle and a stonewashed CPM 20CV high carbon powder metallurgy stainless steel blade. It is available exclusively from KnifeWorks (www.Knifeworks.com) at an everyday price of only $139.95 with FREE continental U.S. Ground shipping. All of Doug Ritter's Knifeworks Exclusive Knives can be found at: https://knifeworks.com/doug-ritter-knives-and-gear/

Additional details and background on Doug Ritter's RSK® folders can be found at: http://www.DougRitter.com/dr_rsk_mk1-g2.htm

Images attached. Additional images can be downloaded at: http://www.dougritter.com/Mini-first-shots.zip

Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 Specifications:

Blade Material: Crucible CPM 20CV @ 60-62 HRC
Blade Length: 2.9 in. (7.37 cm)
Blade Thickness: 0.094 in. (2.39 mm)
Blade Finish: Heavy Stonewash
Closed Length: 4 in. (10.2 cm)
Open Length: 6.875 in. (17.46 cm)
Handle Thickness: 0.5 in. (1.27 cm) maximum
Weight: 2.6 oz. (75 g)
Handle Material: G10 Composite
Liners: 301 Stainless Steel
Pivot Washers: Phosphor Bronze
Pocket Clip: Reversible, Deep Carry, Stainless Steel
Lock Mechanism: Ambidextrous ABLE™ Lock
Lock Springs: W.C. Wolff Co.
Opener: Dual Thumb Studs
Fasteners: Torx

About Doug Ritter

Doug Ritter (www.DougRitter.com) is the founder of Equipped to Survive (www.Equipped.org) and a leading authority on survival equipment. Ritter is also the founder and Chairman of Knife Rights, America's grassroots knife owners organization. Knife Rights is Rewriting Knife Law in America™ with 32 bills enacted repealing knife bans in 22 states and over one hundred cities and towns since 2010. Ritter was awarded the Bill of Rights Award by Citizens Committee for the Right to Bear Arms in 2012 and Defender of Liberty Award from Second Amendment Foundation in 2017. More information on Knife Rights can be found at: www.KnifeRights.org Sale of all Doug Ritter knives and gear supports Knife Rights.

About Hogue

Hogue Knives (www.hogueknives.com) are built upon precise engineering and stringent manufacturing practices that yields exceptional performance. Hogue, Inc. is a family owned and operated business that was founded in 1968 by Guy Hogue. Guy's legacy of innovative, high-quality American engineering and craftsmanship has been carried forth under the leadership of his sons Aaron and Patrick, his grandson Neil and by Hogue Tool and Machine president Jim Bruhns.

About KnifeWorks

KnifeWorks (www.KnifeWorks.com) is one of the largest cutlery retailers in the world, founded online in 1998. Over the years the company has expanded to include hunting, outdoor sports and survival gear, tools, flashlights and gifts. KnifeWork's in-house custom laser engraving program allows you to economically engrave your purchase with text or a design, whether for one item or a thousand. KnifeWorks #1 goal is customer satisfaction. We strive to keep our prices low and our customer service high.

Edited by Doug_Ritter (05/08/20 06:23 PM)
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#296018 - 05/08/20 08:51 PM Re: Doug Ritter Introduces Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Very nice! I'm one of those guys that finds the original a little big for EDC. This should fill a niche!

#296022 - 05/09/20 12:11 AM Re: Doug Ritter Introduces Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 [Re: Doug_Ritter]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Sexy AF.

I might be buying a few - like Phaedrus, I don't carry the original much (In fact, I might have sold the original ... ), but I've been a big fan of the mini-grip since it was released. Yes, I realize Benchmade isn't making this version.

Edited by MDinana (05/09/20 12:12 AM)

#296041 - 05/11/20 01:56 PM Re: Doug Ritter Introduces Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 [Re: Doug_Ritter]
williamlatham Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Stafford, VA, USA
Wonderful. I lost my original mini about 3 months ago and replaced it with a full size version as the new mini was not available. The full size is too big to EDC for me most days. I finally found a mini grip from benchmade that is filling the hole, but that will be replaced here soon.

#297746 - 12/11/20 03:56 AM Re: Doug Ritter Introduces Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 [Re: Doug_Ritter]
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
How is this one compared to the Benchmade one?

#297750 - 12/11/20 03:33 PM Re: Doug Ritter Introduces Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 [Re: aloha]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: aloha
How is this one compared to the Benchmade one?

Better...just saying. If you have a Benchmade in M390 steel, particularly if you upgraded to some G10 or Micarta scales, perhaps not worth the cost. Otherwise, better steel, better handle material, more ergonomic handle and improved ABLE Lock (compared to original AXIS lock),overall higher quality.
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#297753 - 12/11/20 11:29 PM Re: Doug Ritter Introduces Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 [Re: Doug_Ritter]
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
Mine is S30V from Benchmade.

#297754 - 12/12/20 12:52 AM Re: Doug Ritter Introduces Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 [Re: aloha]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: aloha
Mine is S30V from Benchmade.
Well, CPM 20CV is going to give you better edge retention. Whether that translates into a difference in the real world depends on how you use your knife. If all it does is open letters and an occasional taped box, you'll never notice the difference. If you use it as a tool and cut stuff like cardboard, wood, etc. regularly, you will likely notice the difference.
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#297755 - 12/12/20 04:14 AM Re: Doug Ritter Introduces Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
M390 is nothing to sneeze at, even if there's better steels it will still do pretty well.

#297756 - 12/12/20 04:16 AM Re: Doug Ritter Introduces Mini-RSK® Mk1-G2 [Re: Phaedrus]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
M390 is nothing to sneeze at, even if there's better steels it will still do pretty well.

Indeed. And, just to be clear, M390 and CPM 20CV are essentially identical steels.
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.