I was doing a home project while thinking about the revisions and substitutions I was making in my tobacco tine personal survival kit.<br><br> My project involved using fiberglass screen material, and it got me thinking about possible relevance in my PSK.<br><br> A small square -- maybe 6" X 8" or so -- of (non-rusting) fiberglass screen cloth takes up virtually no space when folded over once or twice. <br><br> How useful might that be (in a mini or small PSK) for multiple uses --<br><br> -- screening debris out of standing water (to be disinfected afterwards, of course)<br> -- seining for minnows/tadpoles/bait, or catching water skimming insects as bait<br><br> Seems like it would be easy to use a forked stick, and maybe a little snare wire to hold it open (or another small stick perpendicular to the fork) to make something like a small dip-net, no pigger than a ping pong paddle or a tennis racket face.<br><br> Now, I'll admit that I have very little bragging rights as a fisherman; but in a mini PSK, what else would you use other than ground insects?<br><br> Worthwhile idea or not?<br><br> -- Karl Bauknight