Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#295455 - 03/27/20 04:11 PM The [Stuff] Just Got Real
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Intellectually I've prepared for troubled times since my teens. However, the eeriness of mothers of two nurses coming to our house to pick up surgical masks (because the hospital did not have enough) is something I couldn't imagine. One of the mothers brought her gift of two rolls of toilet paper and a roll of paper towels. The other will be back with a dozen eggs.

Jeanette Isabelle

#295483 - 03/29/20 06:54 AM Re: The [Stuff] Just Got Real [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Survival Lilly is a prepper/bushcrafter from Austria. She has a great You tube channel. For years she is prepping and educating. She even has built a 'bug out camp'.

A few weeks ago, I saw her video about Corona spreading in her courty Austria and its effects on the medical sector, scociety ..etc. The video was edited a number of times. You can see her teary eyes.

It is real this time !!

In my neck of the woods ( Middle East), I had seen a tiny mess or two. One of them when my town was completely isolated because of spread of cholera, and worse, I was hospitalized for similar symptoms.

The other mess, when Iraqi army invaded Kuwait, and Kuwaitis ran away to neighboring countries. We saw them filling our hotels and invited in our homes. It was hard to comprehend sometimes, because they lived a better ( more luxurious ) life than ours, and to see them as 'refugees' in our towns was a very stresfful thought. It is now engraved in my brain ( If it can happen to extremely wealthy, and extremely comfortbale people, it sure can happen to avergae ppl like us)

But let me tell you Jeanette, there is also the other side of the coin. A few months ago, I was as busy as a beaver building DIY projects around the house. Some as simple as extension cords ( I know they are sold ready-made, but my extension cords are built a certain way with special outlets, it is a long story) . Then problems struck. I got a very bad knee, then prostate problems ..etc. And now, Corona. Believe me I was very much relieved that I was busy making those gadgets and projects around the house. The extensions have proven themself very helpful for the many needs, like utilizing many gadgets around me while I was almost paralyzed. The house projects helped alot in adjusting life to the corona mess ( like making a place for my daughter to wash and change before entering the house : she is an emergency doctor and has to work 12 hours a day... )

Enough talk for now . LOL
Just wanted to say; focus on being a prepper

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 170 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/06/24 06:18 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
China and Taiwan
by brandtb
02/19/24 02:18 PM
No More Ritter Knives?
by KenK
02/19/24 01:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.