The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18
Topic Options
#295277 - 03/19/20 01:24 AM Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit [Re: AKSAR]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Somewhere in Florida
This is the bag I'm using. The current price is $58.95, and it is small enough for me to transport it easily.

https://www.chinookmed.com/01386rd/home-vehicle-plus-bag.html

This is the next size up. The current price is $344.69. And, as you can see, we're getting into it is not very easy to transport, especially given other things I may need with me in a bugout.

https://www.chinookmed.com/01388rd/mobile-aid-kit-pack-mak.html

Jeanette Isabelle

#295278 - 03/19/20 02:01 AM Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
AKSAR Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
This is the bag I'm using. The current price is $58.95, and it is small enough for me to transport it easily.

https://www.chinookmed.com/01386rd/home-vehicle-plus-bag.html

This is the next size up. The current price is $344.69. And, as you can see, we're getting into it is not very easy to transport, especially given other things I may need with me in a bugout.

https://www.chinookmed.com/01388rd/mobile-aid-kit-pack-mak.html

Jeanette Isabelle
Lots of other bags on the market from other manufacturers. For example check out CONTERRA. From personal experience, I know CONTERRA makes good stuff. They also make a great line of Aid Belts, and Packs.

Letting the bag determine the contents seems like the wrong way to approach it, in my opinion. Figure out what you really need, then find a suitable bag to carry it in. Or, go modular. A small, easily transported kit with the basic, most immediately needed essentials (CPR mask, trauma shears, dressings, tourniquet, glucose, etc), and a larger kit with nice to have but not absolutely essential items (BP cuff, stethoscope, etc).

#295299 - 03/19/20 08:19 PM Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit [Re: AKSAR]
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: AKSAR
Lots of other bags on the market from other manufacturers. For example check out CONTERRA. From personal experience, I know CONTERRA makes good stuff. They also make a great line of Aid Belts, and Packs.

From looking at the pictures, the organizational system of the bags would not work for my needs.

Letting the bag determine the contents seems like the wrong way to approach it, in my opinion. Figure out what you really need, then find a suitable bag to carry it in.

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right. Are you suggesting that I had bought the bag first and then designed a kit around it?

Or, go modular. A small, easily transported kit with the basic, most immediately needed essentials (CPR mask, trauma shears, dressings, tourniquet, glucose, etc), and a larger kit with nice to have but not absolutely essential items (BP cuff, stethoscope, etc).

I already have part of that (and plan to get more) in my EDC bag.

Jeanette Isabelle

#295300 - 03/19/20 09:04 PM Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
AKSAR Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Letting the bag determine the contents seems like the wrong way to approach it, in my opinion. Figure out what you really need, then find a suitable bag to carry it in.

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right. Are you suggesting that I had bought the bag first and then designed a kit around it?

No, I doubt that is the case. However, I do see you making repeated posts about taking one thing out to make room for some other thing. My impression is that you are locked into that particular bag, and its size (or lack thereof) is having undue influence on your choice of what goes in.

Regarding the organization of CONTERRA's bags , keep in mind that they are designed with much input from highly experienced professionals. Lots of real deal experience from EMTs, SAR teams, firefighters, ski patrollers, and disaster response folks goes into those bags. Those people have been there and done that, and know what works well, and what doesn't work so well. I wouldn't out of hand assume that they won't be satisfactory for your needs.

Ultimately do what you think is best. I'm just giving you my opinion.

EDIT: Check out this link on Choosing the right bag or pack

Edited by AKSAR (03/19/20 09:20 PM)

#295306 - 03/20/20 12:03 AM Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit [Re: AKSAR]
Pooh-Bah

My impression is that you are locked into that particular bag, and its size (or lack thereof) is having undue influence on your choice of what goes in.

I don't believe I locked myself into a specific bag. I think it is more accurate to say I locked myself into cookie-cutter concepts of how a medical kit is to be designed and only scarcely venturing outside the box while remaining chained to it.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 239 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Barry1968, Ella, Faisal, rdump, Enoob
5313 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Gear Review: The Seventy2
by dougwalkabout
Today at 04:34 AM
Paging Am_Fear_Liath_Mor!
by Phaedrus
Today at 04:09 AM
Hand Sanitizer Available
by Phaedrus
Today at 02:32 AM
Check in time, I am still alive, Are you?
by CJK
Yesterday at 10:09 PM
Survival Cards
by CJK
Yesterday at 10:05 PM
Why Humans Totally Freak Out When They Get Lost
by hikermor
05/24/20 07:31 PM
Musical Instruments and Survival Situations?
by dougwalkabout
05/22/20 12:51 AM
Why Did the Chicken Cross the Raod?
by Phaedrus
05/21/20 09:01 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.