The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#293534 - 09/20/19 05:42 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
In this age of digital everything — in spite of all the talk of paperless this and paperless that — I was just at Staples and there were shelves of paper, journals, spiral notebooks and steno notebooks... and pens and pencils.

People have blogs so that when they write something people they don’t even know can read and know what’s going on in their life or just in their head.

Back to Staples — bought a new Parker Jotter with gel ink. I already have Parker pens in both rollerball and plain old ball point, fine and medium points respectively. I’m going to reteach myself how to write in cursive... Maybe keep a journal...

#293535 - 09/20/19 05:49 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
I only write and keep the interesting parts. A record of one's life can come in a variety of forms. During a journalling hiatus, I continued to record my life via e-mail conversations.

Jeanette Isabelle

#293540 - 09/21/19 04:00 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

My son and daughter have just started working a few months ago. I advised them to keep a work journal. I kept a 100 page notebook in my work bag and wrote things like phone numbers of visiting engineers, or what projects we were starting ..etc. The 100 page notebook filled up and I started a 200 page notebook but retired when it became half-way full

These journals are very useful. For example you need to remember someone phone number six months after you met them. Or you need to write self-evaluation at the end of the year. You will definitely forget the details of what you were doing, unless you write them down.

#293553 - 09/21/19 11:19 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Sounds like a fine project, Chisel.

#295569 - 04/03/20 04:40 AM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Long time no blog ...

By mistake I have deleted a folder that contained files and videos about prepping, bushcraft and stuff. Can't get them back. As if this corona stuff is not enough. Grrrr

Several issues are brewing in my head.
One son working in another town, and we are thinking whether he should get an unpaid vacation to stay with us until the CV mess is over.

Daughter is a doctor. CV is all around her. I thought that mothers are the softer species, but dads are also soft when their kids are so close to danger.

Trying to engrave the prepping mentality in their heads ASAP without freaking them out or looking like paranoid.

#295572 - 04/03/20 01:06 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
nursemike Offline
Old Hand

Loc: wellington, fl
Originally Posted By: Chisel
Long time no blog ...

Trying to engrave the prepping mentality in their heads ASAP without freaking them out or looking like paranoid.

I used to worry about looking like a paranoid, but my wife observed that the ship had already sailed.

Took off a lot of pressure.

#295576 - 04/03/20 02:13 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
This reminds me of when our house flooded and I had the correct homeowners insurance rider. One of my relatives said, "That was lucky!" No, it wasn't.

#295601 - 04/04/20 08:45 AM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: chaosmagnet]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Very few people believe in planning ahead.

#295932 - 05/03/20 08:50 AM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

There are increasing signs of people getting depressed for being locked down in their homes. Some are depressed for not being able to 'have fun' any more. No cafe, no playground ..etc. But on the other hand, some glimmer of hope appears among this pessimistic atmosphere.

In our corner of the world, a guy (calls himself Ghaith), travels around the region, finding cases of the poorest of the poor, the most unfortunate , the most needy , and offers them help. He never showed his face (shown from the back always).

As great his work is , some episodes have shown even greater souls out there. One of them is a very old Egyptian doctor who devoted his life to help the poorest of the poor, and the needy in his area.

Ghaith and his team tried to have an interview with this elderly doctor, but he refused. Finally they had to trick him by calling him to help someone. After some talk, Ghaith asked him to accept a large sum of money to build a better clinic in a 'better ' area. Doctor refused and suggested the money goes to charity, saying that he does not need much to live. He lives on a few sandwiches, as he said. He added that he prefers to stay where he is in that area because he wants to live among the poor whom he is helping. All he accepted from Ghaith was a new stethocope, but refused anything else.

TV program interviewed a few patients who explained they cannot afford medical bills and the cost of extensive anlyses. Then showed the doctor examining samples under a very old microscope, saying that he saves the patients money by doing whatever tests he can by himself.

Guys !!
There is still alot of beauty in the world.
A lot of hope, and many decent people out there.

#295935 - 05/03/20 10:08 AM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Indeed, there's still much good in the world! Thanks for shining a light on some of it, Chisel. smile

Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/06/24 06:18 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
China and Taiwan
by brandtb
02/19/24 02:18 PM
No More Ritter Knives?
by KenK
02/19/24 01:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.