Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#291068 - 11/12/18 04:38 PM Re: How Much is Too Much? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Last time I bought any at a horse place, it was quite cheap:

https://www.horse.com/item/syrvet-syrflex-bandage/SLT181151/

But this is the 4" size. If you want smaller, you may not find that at a horse place, but if you do it might be expensive. Not much call for a 2" bandage on a horse, so prices could go up - if they even stock it in the first place.

#291082 - 11/13/18 01:04 PM Re: How Much is Too Much? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Nevermind. I realize I answered my own question.

Jeanette Isabelle

#291105 - 11/14/18 07:24 PM Re: How Much is Too Much? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

I take that back. My rule of three, have three of everything, does not apply here. I'm back to needing to know how many rolls of CoFlex I should get.

My statement that a roll of CoFlex is only 3 Credits has caused some confusion. It's not "free" since I'm paying for it in other ways; since I have this drugstore delivery service anyhow, and it does not cost me extra, may as well take full advantage of it.

This online drugstore, again you need to be a member to access it, has mostly generic items. They have good brands like Medline and Curad. Then there are premium items like CoFlex, After Bite, Ben's 30% DEET and Natrapel.

I currently have 201 Credits which will expire on December 31. I will get more Credits in January. For a bug-in scenario, how many rolls of CoFlex is too much?

Edit: I'm not sure why I was reluctant to mention this earlier. Knowing this can help a lot.

Jeanette Isabelle

Edited by Jeanette_Isabelle (11/14/18 11:49 PM)

#291107 - 11/14/18 07:54 PM Re: How Much is Too Much? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Just get a dozen. For a bug-in scenario you might not need any; then again, depending on the injury, 12 might not be enough. Difficult to say without 20-20 hindsight.

#291109 - 11/14/18 11:45 PM Re: How Much is Too Much? [Re: Russ]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Russ
Just get a dozen. For a bug-in scenario you might not need any; then again, depending on the injury, 12 might not be enough. Difficult to say without 20-20 hindsight.

Of course. Twelve it is. I'll order them in early December when I upgrade two first aid kits.

Jeanette Isabelle

#291110 - 11/15/18 04:44 AM Re: How Much is Too Much? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Do you have enough dressings already stockpiled to go under all that bandage?

#291111 - 11/15/18 01:17 PM Re: How Much is Too Much? [Re: haertig]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: haertig
Do you have enough dressings already stockpiled to go under all that bandage?

I have a hundred-count box of 3" x 3" gauze, a twenty-five-count box of 4" x 4" gauze and a twenty-five-count box of 5" x 9" pads. All of them are only slightly depleted.

I also have four 3" x 3" gauze, two 4" x 4" gauze and nine 5" x 9" pads, some of which were pulled from a kit as I was making modifications.

On a related subject, I'm slowly getting my first aid supplies organized as things expire.

Jeanette Isabelle

#291116 - 11/15/18 06:51 PM Re: How Much is Too Much? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Sounds like you're ready for the battlefield then. In case you don't know, the only dressings that need to be sterile are the ones touching the wound. It is OK to place non-sterile (but obviously new and clean) dressings on top of the next-to-wound sterile one. The non-sterile outer dressings are just fine for absorbing blood or applying pressure. You can save some money that way. Sterile costs a lot more.

#291119 - 11/15/18 07:48 PM Re: How Much is Too Much? [Re: haertig]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: haertig
In case you don't know, the only dressings that need to be sterile are the ones touching the wound. It is OK to place non-sterile (but obviously new and clean) dressings on top of the next-to-wound sterile one. The non-sterile outer dressings are just fine for absorbing blood or applying pressure. You can save some money that way. Sterile costs a lot more.

I don't know. Right now, I have too much of certain items. As things expire, I will have room for what I need.

A lot of it has to do with poor planning. Other times it's because trial and error is the best teacher.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 149 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/06/24 06:18 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
China and Taiwan
by brandtb
02/19/24 02:18 PM
No More Ritter Knives?
by KenK
02/19/24 01:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.