Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 28 of 57 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 56 57 >
Topic Options
#285571 - 08/24/17 12:29 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: Phaedrus]
UTAlumnus Offline
Old Hand

Loc: East Tennessee near Bristol
Avoid puffer fish unless you know which are safe. Certain varieties are poisonous. Puffer Fish on Wikipedia

#286163 - 09/12/17 11:09 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
This is not about what I did today to prepare. Instead, this is about how my EDC was there for me when I needed it.

Three times in my life I experienced a severe case of heartburn. As part of my EDC, I have an 8OZ bottled water and a first aid kit in my bag. In my first aid kit, I have three packets of Alka-Seltzer. As mom and I were out, I felt the burning sensation again. My EDC was there when I needed it.

Jeanette Isabelle

#286166 - 09/13/17 12:31 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

I had to skip dinner tonight. I'm still not feeling well. I tried just a bowl of yogurt thinking I could at least handle that. I am.

Mom says this is an experience I could learn from, figure out what I could have done differently. I EDC bottled water and Alka-Seltzer. I don't know what I could have done differently.

Jeanette Isabelle

#287120 - 11/17/17 05:15 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

I joined the gun club today . . . yes, the same in which Mom is an officer (the club's secretary, to be more specific). The majority are men; there are some women. At thirty-one, I am the youngest member.

Jeanette Isabelle

#287122 - 11/18/17 12:43 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
JI... will your doctor prescribe omeprazole (20mg) for the heartburn... congratulations on stepping to the dark side at the gun club....if you ever decide to carry concealed, think about joining one of the action shooting sports... I prefer USPSA...it is a very good way to learn safe gun handling skills in dynamic situations....it is active in the Ocala area... YMMV

Edited by LesSnyder (11/18/17 12:43 AM)

#287123 - 11/18/17 12:45 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
I ordered on of the Colt M4 lowers from Brownells... had a Colt upper laying lonesome in the safe

#287127 - 11/18/17 03:32 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: LesSnyder]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: LesSnyder
JI... will your doctor prescribe omeprazole (20mg) for the heartburn.

No, the doctor, instead, has put me on 40mg of Omeprazole.

Originally Posted By: LesSnyder
congratulations on stepping to the dark side at the gun club....if you ever decide to carry concealed, think about joining one of the action shooting sports... I prefer USPSA...it is a very good way to learn safe gun handling skills in dynamic situations....it is active in the Ocala area... YMMV

I joined the gun club to be informed in other ways.

Jeanette Isabelle

#287309 - 12/11/17 09:27 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
My Grandmother passed away last summer and all us Grandchildren got a little inheritance cheque a couple of weeks. All the bills are up to date, and the rest of the Christmas shopping is budgeted for, so we have budgeted Grandma's money for car repairs. It's going to get a serious overhaul. The catalytic converter broke on yesterday, so this timing is perfect, especially with Christmas travel coming up fast.

We were stunned when another small check arrived on Friday. My Uncle generously decided to divide some of his inheritance amoung his nieces and nephews! Cool! We spent every penny this weekend, fully stocking the pantry and freezer. It feels so great to have them both full again!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#287310 - 12/12/17 08:22 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
I went through my FAKs and replaced items that are about to expire, checked the scissors, replaced adhesives (a check revealed they lost to much of their stickiness), replaced latex gloves with nitril gloves.
I recharged my AA rechargeables and performed the weekly test run for my GPS receivers (they start faster when they are allowed to sync the almanach regularly).
I rotated a part of my water reserves.
I scheduled the updates for my vehicle navigation devices for tomorrow.
I will refill the water for windshield washing system this afternoon before my next ride.

#287314 - 12/12/17 10:20 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Updating winter car kits - food, matches blankets, etc. for the cars.

Page 28 of 57 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 56 57 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 173 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/06/24 06:18 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
China and Taiwan
by brandtb
02/19/24 02:18 PM
No More Ritter Knives?
by KenK
02/19/24 01:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.