Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 48 of 57 < 1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 56 57 >
Topic Options
#301523 - 03/11/23 06:47 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Yesterday I bought a 500-piece puzzle, activity books such as sudoku, and mechanical pencils in case of a power outage or no internet.

Jeanette Isabelle

#301525 - 03/12/23 12:22 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Small 3dprinter project this week. Made a small USB pass through that fits into the zipper track of my backpack. So now I can leave my battery bank inside the backpack instead of outside of it and still be able to top it off.

#301526 - 03/12/23 05:33 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: Eugene]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Eugene, do you have a picture of the item you made or something similar? It sounds useful, but I can't visualize it.

#301532 - 03/12/23 10:10 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: Bingley]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Not too much to see yet. I want to adjust the bottom to fit together with the zipper a little better.
But basically I can leave my battery bank inside the pack and plugged into this and then just have a USB cord near the backpack plugged in.

Attachments
shrunk.jpg (71 downloads)

#301534 - 03/13/23 02:57 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I grabbed some stove pipe bits and pieces that will allow me to generate emergency heat in my basement with the existing masonry chimney. The goal is to prevent pipes from freezing in my current sprawling house. I have the wood stove and a giant woodpile, but was missing an elbow and and an adaptor. I think I should run a test burn to identify any other surprises.

I also provided storage for a portable RV generator that should be enough to run (one at a time) my basement furnace, fridge, freezer, and help my neighbours out as well. I will be responsible for clean and stabilized gas, oil changes, and regular test runs. It's a nice little Honda, and a win-win all around.

#301591 - 04/30/23 02:44 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

Friday, I bought two more packages of socks. That now brings my Sock Count up to five unopened packs and three opened/currently being used.

I hope that's enough to last for several years.

Jeanette Isabelle

#301592 - 04/30/23 06:58 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Pants and a three pack of underwear for me from Cabelas. Got a new pair of tires for the bike and swapped those on, made sure my brakes were all adjusted center so no dragging. Took apart a spare front wheel I got on Craigslist and cleaned and re-greased it and put it back together with the same number of bearings on each side (someone else must seems to have added and extra to one side) then put one of my other tires on it so I have one whole spare wheel now. Re-packed my toolkit finding that my tires patches must have came out when I unpacked it to loan a hex wrench to another rider on the trail and didn't pack it back up right apparently. So I ordered some patches. One of the water bottle holders had broken so I ordered a pair and swapped both. Doing better about exercising now. I also broke my gopro mount when I was trying to get the tool kit back in place and was wanting to re-print it in ABS anyway but I still can't get ABS to not warp so I ended up using one of those services where someone else prints stuff for you, we'll see how it goes. I guess my cheap little printer isn't quite up to doing ABS. This is my mount https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5424730 Since I take my camebak everywhere I keep the gopro there and made that mount that goes in place of the sternum strap mount so the sternum strap holds it steady and I don't have to wear another piece of gear.

Edited by Eugene (04/30/23 07:01 PM)

#301593 - 05/01/23 07:21 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

The local Dirt Cheap store is shutting down and currently offering discounts on all items. I took advantage of the sale and purchased four 700ml bottles of hand sanitizer at only $0.45 each, a four-pack of dish towels for $1.89, a box of chalk for $0.90, two boxes of kids' bandaids for $0.23 each, and two plastic pencil boxes for $0.23 each. Although we don't necessarily need chalk or more dish towels, the low prices made it worthwhile to buy them. I even tried one of the kids' bandaids and was pleasantly surprised by the quality. I plan to pick up a few more before the sale ends.

Jeanette Isabelle

#301594 - 05/03/23 01:04 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Lets see if this works. Getting back to exercising a bit again, my totals so far.

Attachments
2023-05-01.png

#301598 - 05/05/23 12:23 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

I visited Ollies Bargain Outlet for the second time in a week and purchased two sheet sets, along with some morale boosters like a paint-by-numbers kit, modeling clay, drawing books, and puzzle books like sudoku. However, I may not be able to afford such purchases in the future as I went over my budget. It's strange how we tend to overspend during sales. The bag containing my purchases weighed twenty-eight pounds, and it felt even heavier as I carried it from Ollies to Taco Casa and then to the bus stop. It was quite a workout!

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 48 of 57 < 1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 56 57 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (M_a_x), 181 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/06/24 06:18 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
China and Taiwan
by brandtb
02/19/24 02:18 PM
No More Ritter Knives?
by KenK
02/19/24 01:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.