The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#277662 - 11/21/15 03:10 AM Re: WW III [Re: Dagny]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
You might want to consider leavng early and taking your Element and teardrop. More stuff and a roof just in case.

#277664 - 11/21/15 03:16 AM Re: WW III [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Pete Offline
Veteran

"For the sake of discussion, two billion of the world's population will die."

Jeanette. Wow - we have come to 'violent agreement'.
Hahahahaha! I can't believe you said that. You are about right. 2 billion people. IF you go with the WWIII scenario.

The only difference between you and me - maybe - is that your figure is a rough guess. Mine is calculated. But I guess I don't know - not sure where you got your "2 billion casualties" from. But we do come to the same final answer.

I will be driving through a bunch of countries soon ... many are on the "Not Recommended" travel list. Do you want me to send you the locations of any caves?
Do you prefer Your Cave with a basic no-frills Neanderthal design scheme?
Or do you do prefer Your Cave with air conditioning and stereo sound?

Pete

Edited by Pete (11/21/15 03:29 AM)

#277665 - 11/21/15 04:10 AM Re: WW III [Re: Pete]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Seriously? WWIII going nuclear and you think only 2 billion will die. Is that in the direct exchange of weapons, two weeks or two months? I don't have any calculations, but if it goes to full exchange of weapons you had best be in the southern hemisphere. IMO

#277666 - 11/21/15 02:01 PM Re: WW III [Re: Pete]
Jeanette_Isabelle Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Pete
Jeanette. Wow - we have come to 'violent agreement'.
Hahahahaha! I can't believe you said that. You are about right. 2 billion people. IF you go with the WWIII scenario.

The only difference between you and me - maybe - is that your figure is a rough guess. Mine is calculated. But I guess I don't know - not sure where you got your "2 billion casualties" from. But we do come to the same final answer.

As I said, Mom keeps her ear to the ground. I also do my research. I did not want to get more specific but two billion is a close number.

I will be driving through a bunch of countries soon ... many are on the "Not Recommended" travel list. Do you want me to send you the locations of any caves?
Do you prefer Your Cave with a basic no-frills Neanderthal design scheme?
Or do you do prefer Your Cave with air conditioning and stereo sound?

There are two schools of thought among experts on this specific topic: One, the United States will be laid to ruin. Two, only New York City will be a burning creator. I believe the evidence points to the second school of thought. Unless we get word to leave America, which could happen, I will stay with my supplies and away from NYC.

Jeanette Isabelle

#277667 - 11/21/15 02:18 PM Re: WW III [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Loc: UK
In the excellent documentary novel; 'Warday by Whitley Strieber and James Kunetka. New York, Washington and San Antonio are the cities that are hit. And it still devastates the US. More die in the famine and plagues that follow it than in the attacks.
Very well researched and readable book.
qjs

#277668 - 11/21/15 02:42 PM Re: WW III [Re: Russ]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Russ
Seriously? WWIII going nuclear and you think only 2 billion will die. Is that in the direct exchange of weapons, two weeks or two months?

Two billion is a close number. If one does the math (even the most populous nation does not have two billion), it would seem obvious that more than one nation would be hit in WW III. This is a guess but I think WW III will be a short war.

Jeanette Isabelle

#277669 - 11/21/15 02:46 PM Re: WW III [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Pete Offline
Veteran

If there actually was a WWIII - my guess is that MANY major cities would be destroyed in the USA, Russia and China. And probably a lot of other places. I don't think that any of the superpowers can afford to allow the other guy to "still be standing". If one superpower survives, they would take over the world. But I honestly couldn't tell you what might be destroyed, and what would survive.

If you think about most American towns - people go shopping at WalMart and they buy gas at the local convenience store. Americans are heavily dependent on the distribution systems for groceries and fuel. If those distribution systems go down, the shelves at WalMart will become empty quickly. That's really the practical problem. We benefit from having a highly efficient distribution system ... everybody takes it for granted. But on the positive side - America has a huge amount of fertile land. There are plenty of places to set up homesteads and grow your own food. Lots of choices. I think that Americans have a tremendous advantage with this, compared to China (overpopulated) or Russia (very bad winters).

I wouldn't be confident that the US Government will give any kind of warning about an impending WWIII. If it ever happens, it will come as a surprise. Take a look at 9/11 as an example. When a surprise attack hit the USA, the Government did two things. (1) Respond to the attack by securing specific locations, (2) Try to get important officials to safe locations. And that was it. Any public announcement to Americans will follow at a later date. If you wait for that kind of time delay, you are in the same boat as 300 million other people.

I'm not leaving the USA because of any of these scenarios. WWIII might never happen. My own reasons are personal. But I do think about these scenarios for "contingency planning". In other words, if I choose a location somewhere else ... how secure will it be if there is a WWIII or a global financial disaster? My thoughts are that long term survival basically involves "homesteading". You have to switch to a self-sustaining lifestyle. There's a lot of places people can do this. But these types of skills take a long time to build up, they don't happen overnight.

Pete

#277670 - 11/21/15 02:55 PM Re: WW III [Re: quick_joey_small]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: quick_joey_small
In the excellent documentary novel; 'Warday by Whitley Strieber and James Kunetka. New York, Washington and San Antonio are the cities that are hit. And it still devastates the US. More die in the famine and plagues that follow it than in the attacks.
Very well researched and readable book.
qjs

San Antonio? I wonder why. Anyhow, by only taking out New York City, the zombies will devastate America. This will greatly impact the distribution of food.

Jeanette Isabelle

#277671 - 11/21/15 03:09 PM Re: WW III [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
[quote=quick_joey_small]
San Antonio? I wonder why. Anyhow, by only taking out New York City, the zombies will devastate America. This will greatly impact the distribution of food.

Jeanette Isabelle

Lackland Air Force base is in San Antonio. It one of USA's most important military sites and home of our intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance departments.
-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#277672 - 11/21/15 03:24 PM Re: WW III [Re: Pete]
Carpal Tunnel

If there actually was a WWIII - my guess is that MANY major cities would be destroyed in the USA, Russia and China. And probably a lot of other places. I don't think that any of the superpowers can afford to allow the other guy to "still be standing". If one superpower survives, they would take over the world. But I honestly couldn't tell you what might be destroyed, and what would survive.

I don't believe we will be hit by a world super power. Instead, I believe zombies with a nuclear bomb will hit us. I also have reason to believe the zombies will be among the two billion who are killed in the war.

If you think about most American towns - people go shopping at WalMart and they buy gas at the local convenience store. Americans are heavily dependent on the distribution systems for groceries and fuel. If those distribution systems go down, the shelves at WalMart will become empty quickly. That's really the practical problem. We benefit from having a highly efficient distribution system ... everybody takes it for granted.

That is why the zombies will attack NYC, to shut down the distribution system.

I wouldn't be confident that the US Government will give any kind of warning about an impending WWIII.

I'm not counting on the U.S. government.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.