Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#27494 - 05/12/04 07:19 PM Berg Beheading = Long, Hot Summer
MartinFocazio Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Bucks County PA
Like you, I'm totally appalled by the beheading of Nicholas Berg. However, this also marks a major turning point for me. I'm right back to the state of mind I was in in October 2001, and that's not good for anyone.

Tonight, I'm going to be re-packing the emergency supplies, re-loading the shotguns, putting a fresh 55 gallons of water into the storage barrell and generally hunkering down for the inevitable urban "retaliation" that's going to come. Worst of all I have a major trip to California for work and with my whole family is coming with me. Earthquakes AND terrorisim. Great.
Time for me to spend some time on FrugalSquirrels.com I guess.

#27495 - 05/12/04 07:47 PM Re: Berg Beheading = Long, Hot Summer
joblot Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Scotland
The beheading was a utterly dispicable act of barbrism, intended not only to scare us, but also to weaken our governments. The full implications of which have yet to be played out.
It is worth noting however this act is only one of many similar acts commited in recent years. The main difference is that the tape is now in the public domain, and can be seen by anyone with internet access.
Whilst the world is still a dangerous place, I do not believe it is anymore dangerous than it was before Nicholas Berg's death. Terrorism is mean't to strike terror into our lives. Whilst it only kills or injures a tiny minority its objective is to scare the majority.
We can't lock ourselves away in a bunker. Prepare by all means, but lets not run and hide - that would imply they are winning this terrible war.
May he rest in peace.
Martin

#27496 - 05/12/04 08:26 PM Re: Berg Beheading = Long, Hot Summer
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I spent a LONG day at the Veteran's Hospital in Los Angeles. It is a sobering experience to use the same urinal your WW2 uncle and WW1 Grandfather once did. Where I once held open the door for a Spanish American War vet, relatives help Desert Storm vets. The swedish born wife of one saw my Tlinget belt buckle and made a crack about our country's genocide against the indians. I had to agree, but pointed out most of the 7th cavalry consisted of recent immigrants from Ireland, Germany and Scandinavia and not drafted surfers from Orange County entering Me Lai. Our species has a nasty habit of extreme cruelty to one another. I can name few, if any identifiable groups that haven't warred on another. That includes tibetans now desperately trying to save a culture and the summer of love hippies that dissolved into the Manson Family murders. I should probably take some solvent to the spider's egg sack in my mauser's barrel. It IS scary out there. But, my nieghbors the Nugyens and the Goldfarbs want to have a dinner to welcome the nepalese that just moved in. I think we are having mexican food.

#27497 - 05/13/04 12:14 PM Re: Berg Beheading = Long, Hot Summer
Polak187 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
Stuff like that has been happening for centuries. So what is different now? I guess the way we exchange our information and speed at which news become available changed everything. Pictures from the prison were taken with horrible quality 100 dollar digital camera. Thrown on the internet got here in a flash. Any one out there with a camera cell phone just became a photographer. Any one out there with some server space and decent bandwidth became a broadcast center. We read about this stuff before but no pictures (or limited ones) and no videos. Especially now when people stop reading and watch more and more Tv what's better than recording a video and showing it? It's all aimed to strike fear into our hearts... It's all aimed to make our gov't look horrible... It's not like we became any more uncivilized. It's just the amount of violence we used to accept as a norm just tripled. You are watching TV and any bombing around the world that has less than 10 victims doesn't even make news. We just became very numb and it takes big shocking event to get some kind of reaction out of us.

#27498 - 05/13/04 05:20 PM Re: Berg Beheading = Long, Hot Summer
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pttsbg SWestern Pa USA N-Amer....
Yes, Daniel Pearl had been Beheaded too. I was Reminded of this while Reading an Article just yesterday.

I've Given Most of my Views on Today's Nick Berg Matter, within the Bin Laden Thread. And so Won't Repeat Many of those particular Ones here.

But there are a Few Loose Ends to Additionally Tie Up. I Wasn't Able to Get to them all, within the 24 Hour Edit Period. And I'd perhaps Like to Contribute to and Comment on some of What's already been Remarked on here. So I'll Get Out my Notes, and See What so Applies.

Briefly and Without Meaning to Sound Preachy, Nor in an Out of Place Distasteful Manner, -This recent occurrance Underscores that *This is Who We're Gonna Have to Fight!* There's Just No Other Way Around it! Are They Yielding the Field?! Are They Wanting to Go Back on Home?! No!, on Both Counts! Resoundingly and Overwhelmingly!

So as Individuals and a Nation, -Let's Duly Get on the Ready! And Be On with the Alert Task and Taking Care of Business here, -that we've Got to Be On To! And Come Over the *Steady Long Term*, to Wrestle this Thing Down!

In All of This, and in the Times to Come, -Just Remember, -(Without our Becoming Improperly Vengeful about it or Anything), -Do Remember the Brutal, Graphic, Unadulterated Things which Came Across regarding Berg, -on that AQ Video.

And Then, Drawing the 2 + 2 = 4 Connection from It, -That This is So Much of What we Fight For!

Berg, Pearl, the Fallujah Four, Those of September 11th, and Many Other Higher and Noble Things. Not the Least Being our Very Freedom, System and Way of Life, Security, Safety, and National Survival!

Now Regarding some of our Other Comments and Observations in this Thread, -I've already Acknowledged One of Them, -Namely of Daniel Pearl's Being *Another* American Be-Heading which has Already Pre-Occurred.

Also, on Many Occassions in Life, -We may be a Little Too Unprepared or Unconcerned *Before* Something Happens! But by the Reverse Side of that Same Coin or Token, -Can *Sometimes* Get Somewhat Over-Concerned, -*After* Something Happens! Though such *After* can also Entail, various Needed Wake Up Calls. So I Think This Bears Out a Lot of What joblot here said.

And I Second Much to All of What Polak said about the "Media Difference".

I'd like to Add to that, the Matter of the Ever Increasing Dangers and Feasability of, -Doctoring and Otherwise Falseably Creating "Photographs"! The Abu Ghraib Photos are Not Such. Nor is the AQ Berg Tape, any Falsified Doctoring. But Many Other "Photos" Increasingly Are! Just an Appropriate Heads Up Warning on That!

Further Edit Note,-They Wouldn't Even Allow the Guy to Have his Hands Free!, -Towards Something of a Fighting Chance!, in a Fair, Self Defense Fight! But Rather Tied Behind his Back! As Someone(s) is Literally Sawing and Knifeing One's Head Off.

They Wouldn't Even Kill Him in a *More* Manly Way! Not that Even That would have been Manly! (It Does Happen to Remind me of What John Wayne has Disdainfully Said, -About Never Shooting a Man in the Back!)

It Also Didn't Take the Statement Reader Long, to Pull Out the Long Knife, Grab Him from Behind by the Hair, and Do What was so Done!

And See the Way those Guys were Fidgeting and Itching Around to Kill!, as the Obligatory Statement was being Read?! Killing, Pure Out Cold Blooded Killing!, was the First and Foremost Thing those "Guys" Had on their Mind!

So They're Both Outright Killers!, *And* Outright Cowards!, -They Most Certainly Are!!!!!

And Zarkawi, the Killer / Statement Reader himself, -If he's Gonna Give his *Name* as the Killer!, ("Slaughterer" in his Own Words), -Then Why Not Take Off the Mask! And Show his Face!? Cowards Again!

In their Mentality and World, Unabashed Killers like That could either be Consolidating a New Position of Leadership in the Terrorist World, or are Vying for It! We of Our Side and Persuasion Should Watch for That! We Must Know our Mortal Enemy, -includeing it's Leadership.

Let's Pretend Terrorism to be Aside for just a Moment! And It's then Clear that we Witnessed an Actual Killing and Murder of Someone! To Say a Very Least!

It's Possible that They Kept Him in the Dark Till the Very End. As Far as their Intention to Actually so Kill / Murder Him! The Read Statement was in Arabic. There's a Good Chance Nick did Not Understand that Language. He may Not Have Known Until the Hand Grabbed his Hair Roughly from Behind, and that Knife was Right at his Neck. Cowards in Many Senses There Too!

I Don't Mean to Sound Sore, Hurt, or Etc, Etc, Etc. And Many of you Know What I've Cautioned, About Pure Revenge upon Revenge being Built Up! But I Do Have to say These Things about What Happened Towards Nick Berg.

And We've Got to Stay Strong, Alert, and In the Fight! Till our Job and Task is Finally Done!

"THIS IS WHO WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO FIGHT!" - "LET U.S. REMEMBER WHAT WE'RE FIGHTING FOR!" [color:"black"] [/color] [email]Polak 187[/email]

Edited by ScottRezaLogan (05/14/04 03:14 AM)

#27499 - 05/14/04 11:49 PM Re: Berg Beheading = Long, Hot Summer
NY RAT Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: brooklyn, ny
ill keep this short before i go off on a full on rant as i am prone too.

this even bothers me for many reasons.

the fact that we dont make a big enough deal over their murderous actions, but we make sure our solderiers are going on trial ASAP for what they did.

and while we rush them to trial dont forget one of the 911 terrorists is STILL in a u.s jail alive and well after 3 years, because if we rush his trial (which will no longer be for death penalty) were violating some oh his civil or human rights...

i say if you cant act civil or humane you dont deserve said rights, but that me.

and though i feel bad for bergs family, i have to say that if your a civilian going into an hostile enemy country for ANY reason, your taking your life in your own hands and need to remember the potential consequences.

the last part is that eventually this current popular outrage will fade, and life will get back to normal for us.

just like after 911, people changed for the better but in time all that mostly faded away and we will fight over some jerk cutting in front of us on a line, or that the price of our breakfast mcmuffin went up 25 cents. instead of remembering whats REALLY important.

never forget.

#27500 - 05/15/04 11:52 AM Re: Berg Beheading = Long, Hot Summer
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree that Mr. Berg's videotaped beheading was quite shocking, but as others on this thread have pointed out, we humans have been committing atrocities against each other (not to mention generally going to war -- declared or not, justified or not -- and just plain behaving behaving badly in big ways and small) for a long time now.

[rant on/] And why is it that our fear, pity and outrage is reserved for American deaths? Less than a month ago, Fabrizio Quattrocchi -- an Italian hostage -- had his head blown off on video, and I don't recall much coverage of this in the US media. To be cold-blooded about it, I didn't even see anything in the media about our opportunity to strengthen our argument to the Italian public that the perpetrators of that murder are part of a group that the US military and its allies (no matter how reluctant) are in Iraq to neutralize. Do we all truly feel that only American lives/deaths "count"?[/rant off]

Whew. Anyway, I think Donne had it right -- "No man is an island ... and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee". I grieve for Mr. Berg's family and friends(I grew up near Philly, too) and can only hope that we all continue to strive to leave the world a better place than we found it.

#27501 - 05/15/04 10:58 PM Re: Berg Beheading = Long, Hot Summer
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Amen to So Much / Everything of What you Said! Especially the Fade Away Part! But I Second More than Just That!

Also, and Very Quickly and Basically, ( I Wanted to Hold Off on This for Awhile Out of Respect to Berg and His Family), -I Do Think his Family Should be at Least as Irate Toward the Terrorists who've Done This, as Seems to be the Case regarding Bush. In the Event to Any Extent They may be Less So. But From Public Statements as I've Heard,.....

And as you Said, Berg, -For All the Admirable Good and Honest Profitability he was Trying to Do, -Did Take a Risk in a Risky Place. God Bless Him for It! But the Real Risks over there, just Did Happen to Catch Up with Him. Regrettably and Unfortunately, of Course.

ON LINE CUTTING -

And on Line Cutting, -I was Thinking just a Few Hours Ago this Afternoon, -How I'm Quite Sure that saadamistic Baathists, as Well as Old Soviet Party and KGB Types, -Probably Could Cut Lines! Any Time They "Plose"! Including What Times they may have been in an "Ordinary Person's Store", as Oppossed to their own Special Stores. They'd just Have to Pull Out their Special, Dreaded Card! Some "Respect" for the Ordinary Workingman and Proletariat! Some "Respect" for the Highly Touted "Iraqi People"! (When That, of course, Suited their Convenience!) It Doesn't Take Much, to Imagine the Feeling of the Typical Iraqi or Rushan Man or Woman in the Street! At Commonly Seeing the Sight of This! A Good Chance Such Existed with Both of Them! So Many Other Priveleged Perks Existed with Them! For such Priveleged Few Oppressors, in (At Least Former Soviet Rusha's Case) a Suppossedly Classless Society! "Priviledged Character / Special Treatment" Stuff! I Used to Marvel the Same!, at Brezhnev's Luxury Automobile Collection! Unadulterated Power though!, and a Corrupt Lean and Disposition!

GUANTANAMO SOFTENING! -

There *Has* Been Considerably Too Much Softening Up in Public Attitudes!, -Toward at Least Many Most Dangerous Al Qaida and Co. Detainees at Guantanamo! In about the Last Year and a Half or So!

Guantanamo Is and Has Always Been, Such a Positive, Shining Model! Of How Even with These Types!, and Even in These Circumstances, -of How our Detained Enemy Combatants Shud be Humanely Treated!

It's Not a Holiday Inn for Misdeameanees, though! Some All Round (Yet Very Humane as All Possible!) Tuffness!, is Duly Called For!, Down There! Especially Toward Those who variously Resist and Will Not Cooperate!

I Deplore!, and am Disturbed By, Occasional Cases Where we Wander Improperly Over Such Line! Be it Afghanistan, Abu Ghraib in Iraq, our Governmental and Security Authorities and Personnel Here at Home, or to Any Extent Such May Ever Have Occurred, or Be Occurring, -at Guantanamo.

But Guantanamo is Again Long and Always Such a Positive Model! I Think that Bodies such as the Red Cross Have Seen This for Themself, -Time and Time Again!

Let's Properly Avoid Going Over any Line! But a Tuff Watchfulness is again Most Called For Down There! They're NOT Misdeameanees again at a Holiday Inn! (SOME Low Level "Mistakees" perhaps being there Notwithstanding). And at One and the Same Time, -We've Got to be Careful!, -About our NOT Getting Too Dangerously Misled and Soft! We Must Seek to Avoid Having *Any* Level or Tendancy Toward This!

RE - VIEWING THE FILMS -

People Need to Re-View the Films! We Really Shud Do So, Once Again. Of Our Unfortunately Collapsing Towers. Of the Graphic View of Airliners Flying Right In. Of the Multi Acres of Dust and Rubble. Of the Fires which Would NOT Go Out!, for Many Months. The Story once Again of New York's Firemen and Others. Of the Pentagon. Of the Flight 93 Crater, -which is Not All that Far from where I now type. Of What They Did!
We Must Remember and Think of Airliners and Other Aircraft, Being Entirely OUT of our Skies! Of a Menagerie of Airliners Holed Up in Places like Gander. Of Air Force One and our President Having to Duck and Hide Awhile! Of that Great "Love One Another!" Kind of Helpfulness!, that we All (Vastly!) Shared Toward our Fellow American! Our Half Year Long Sea of Flags! The Hurt and Horror of It All! Our Loudly and Sincerely Proclaimed "Never Forgetting!" Our Victorious Answer, an "Itchy Month" Later, in Qaida and Taliban Filled Afghanistan! Of a Shoe Bomber who Nearly Got Away With It! Of the Air France Flights, which Could Have Very Nearly've Become Another Sept. 11th.

(On our Dark Side, of course, Moslems and Those who Look Like Moslems, -Shouldn't Have Been Occasionally Murdered or Discriminated Etc, Against! In that Immeadiate Reaction and Aftermath. But our Far Larger Bright Side!, -So Outshone This, -In those Immeadiate Weeks and Months of an Aftermath!)

Yes, -People Need to Re-View the Films Once Again! At Least Occassionally. At Least from Time to Time! While of course Continueing On with All Due Normalcy. This Will Go a Long Way Toward Reminding Ourselves!, Once Again! And Towards Forestalling any All Too Easy Temptation, -Towards Forgetting or Relapseing Into an Undue, Dangerous, Softness!

In Those Immeadiate Weeks and Months of an Aftermath, -We as a Nation Did somewhat Too Much! Of Viewing and Re-Viewing! Over and Over Again! We Now Do Far Too Little!

It's Good that we were At Long Last Finally Paying Attention! Post 9 - 11. (Terrorism ISN'T Exactly Anything New!) But Too Much Can Get as Bad as Too Little!

But Now and for Most of the Time Since!, -We've Been Viewing and Re-Viewing Far Too Little! Like Virtually Next to None At All!

And We're Suppossedly Yet Loyal to the Lessons and Memory?! We Suppossedly Remember and Have NOT Forgotten?! (Great Where We Substantially Yet DO Remember! I'm Concerned Whereever We Substantially Do NOT!)

Yes, We as Individuals and a Nation Need to Do some Re-Viewing of the Pictures and Films Again! Not Overdo It Now! But Certainly Not Underdoing It either! As We Presently and for a While, -are Now Doing!

America and Americans Have a Memory and Attention Span Too Short for their Own Good! I'm Sorry that I Must Say So! Of Many of my Fellow Americans!

Let's Again Review Those Films and Such! Re-View and Renew! Then we may Once Again Get Fully Refocused and Remember! -Just What it Is!, -That We ARE Fighting For!

TEARING OURSELVES DOWN WAY TOO MUCH!, -

And on Another Point of Your's. We in America and the Free World West, -Way Overly Much Tend to Hit, Question, and Tear Ourselves Down!, Way Too Excluseively and Much!!!

Come the Heck On! I've Only Heard a Torrent and Barrage of This!, -Thruout my Teenage 70s! And Earlier in the Vietnam, Civil Rights (Itself Much Good), Drug and Hippie, and Anti Cop and Anti Establishment 60s! Includeing So Wrongly Calling Cops and Law Enforcement as "Pigs" or the "Fuzz". And Onward in a Good, Continuous Measure, Thruout the 80s, 90s, and Now Into the 2000s! In One Form, Variation, or Another!

Get Real! And Come the Heck On!, -Much of America! We Can't Be All That Bad! Not even We of America at our Worst! Jeeminy Peets!

It's Like Having Yourself a Beautiful Boat! But if you just Hack it Up!, -All the Time! -You Risk it NOT Being Beautiful for Long!!! Let's NOT Be This Way!, -About the Many Many Good and Exemplary Points!, -Concerning Our Freedom and Our Country!!!!!

We Hem and Pen Ourselves In, -Like Turkeys Within a Low Fence! When IF We'd Think of It just a Bit, -We Could Fly Right On Out! Well we Need to Fly On Out Of!, -our Self Penned, Great Overage, Exclusiveated, -Self Criticism!!!

If and Where We've Truly Got Black Spots on our Kettle, -Let's Duly Address, Face, and Acknowledge That! But Please! -Let's NOT Be Saying!, -That We've Got Black Spots, -Where We DON'T Even Have Them!!!!!!!!!

Yes Indeed! -Let's So Remember What's REALLY Important!!!

SOME FURTHER THOUGHTS, -

WORLD'S GONNA GET TIRED OF THIS! -

The Larger World Out There, is Gonna Start Getting Tired of All This!, from Them! After Awhile! This Thot Came to me Last Night, as I Heard Yet Another Byob on the Radio News, about their Latest Little "Jihadish Antic". This One concerning the Isrealis in Gaza. I Got to Thinking, -"Gee!, The World's Really Gonna Start Getting Tired of This from them!, After Awhile!"

For They Keep On Pressing at the Western Gates! They, and We, are in for a Many Year's Long, Full Court Press! They Keep Up so, -and are Banking and Hopeing to Sometime Come Upon a Weakness, of Our's. And a Lucky Break(s) in Their Favor. They so Keep On Warredly Relbing and Stepping On Other People's Foot! Much or More of the Larger World may just Get Tired of it!, After Awhile!

They of the Larger World'll Get Tired of It!, -and Wake Up and Be Spurred On into Action! That's if Any Number of Them Don't Go On Over to the Enemy! Either Directly, or by an Effectively Neutralistic, Sit Out, Ommission. If They Don't in Either or Any Such Way Go Over to the Other Side. And if They Don't Get "Feared Up" into either such Neutralism, such Going Over, or Other Inaction.

That Enemy Subset, of the Larger Islamic World Out There, -Just Keeps Warredly Stepping On Other's Toes and Foot!, Out There! They Keep the Press Up! They are a Royal Pain in the Side! Don't Anyone be Surprised, -if We and the World, Eventually Get Tired of This!, After Awhile! We Rightly Should!

A FORCED FAITH ! -

Talk About Tolerance and Such!, -This is the One Major World Faith, -Which Beleives in Spreading it's Message, via Intolerant War! Making Conversions and Spreading their Message, at Swordpoint!

All Other Good and Admirable Things About Islam Still Being the Case, as They Do Have. And They Do Have Many.

Even So, -They Retain Quite a Tendancy Toward Jihadic War!

And Regarding that Larger, Decent, Upstanding, and Peaceful Islamic Majority! I Wonder Where They, and Their Condemnation and Outrage is!, -Concerning the Recent Berg Matter?! I Hear a Deafening Silence! And Personally Have Not Yet Heard a Peep! I Know Abu Ghraib's recently Occurred too. To some Moslems, -It's a Genuine Reason, -To Others, It's a Convenient "Hide Behind Reason"! But They Should Not Speak or Criticise Out of Both Sides of their Mouth! The Berg Outrages Should be Roundly Condemned by Them, -Not Only the Abu Ghraib Ones!

Such Beheading is More than Solely a Retaliatory Tit for Tat. It is an Escalation on Their Part. As I Recall, No Brutal Beheading Occurred by U.S., at Abu Ghraib! It Quite Likely is an Escalation which can Discreditably Backfire on Them! As Well it Should! Abu Ghraib, -Wrong as it is, -Now Can somewhat Pale in Comparison!, in the Eyes of Many! Another Callow and Cowardly Action on Qaida and Co's. Part!

In my Christian Land and Upbringing, -I Simply Havn't Had the Occassion or Oppurtunity, to be Exposed to Basic Islam. Not Till my Adult Years. But I Do Remember a Rare Such One from somewhere in Childhood. And it Was and Is Disturbing, and Not Well Reflecting, of Them! And That is this Belief and Propensity of Their's, to Spread Their Faith, by Intolerant War! It has Concernedly Stuck with me! "Gee!", I Thought to Myself, Yet as a Kid, -"A Religion's Not Suspossed to be Like That! I Thought Religion Revolved Around Niceness, Goodness, Kindness, and Basic Morality and Stuff!......" Plus I Took it as a Direct Threat!, that I Felt had been Made! "Religion's Not Suspossed to be about War! In Fact it's Against War! Yet Here we Have One Bent on War! -Very Strange!"

The Hindus Aren't like that! (They Give a Cold Shoulder Brushoff, to Conversion! How Refreshing!, in a Religion! At Least They're Not so in Other's Hair about It!) The Peaceful Buddhists certainly Aren't like that! The Christians, -Many of our Previous Religious Wars Notwithstanding, -are Overwhelmingly Not like that! The Jewish are Not like that! Only Islam Alone is! Among Major World Faiths.

Talk About Tolerantly Respecting the Beleifs of Others Around you!, of Beleifs *Other* than One's Particular Own! Here the Moslems Do Not Suscribe to That! But Subscribe Moreover to it's Very, Intolerant, Opposite! Includeing of Jihad Style War. True, They are Peaceful and Tolerant in Many Ways. But it's Undeniable that they Have this Jihad Warlike Predisposition too! They Reserve a Right, to Deny Us and Others *Our* Rights!

TIRED OF IT AGAIN ! -

The World's Gonna Wake Up One Day! And Find Itself to Be Tired!, of this Oddo's Continually Pushy Pesterance! I Hope the Larger World Out There, -Someday Finds that, in Itself!

SOME SPECIFICS ON HOW TO BEAT THEM ! -

So now Onto some More Specific Ideas on How to Beat Them! How to Stop Them in their Tracks at the Gates! How to Roll Them Back, in a sort of "Reconquista" of Our Own!

There's a Good Book out now, -Forget the Author or Title, -Which Speaks Very Well on a Way(s) of Doing This. Basically, it Speaks of Denying Al Qaida and it's Like, of various State Sponsors / Supporters / Shelters. By U.S. Going After These! If and Where Neccessary. "Going After", I Do Not Think, Neccessarily Means Going to Direct War. Basic Point is that we Really Go After Them, in a No Bones About It!, Sort of Way! To Dry Up the Well!, so to Speak.

This Stategy and Tactic is Great in Many Respects. But I Do See One particularly Sticky Problem with it. And that's that "Islamic Jihad Fever" in Itself, -Will Still Remain in Many a Moslem. And Thus their Terroristic Attacks and So On. We Won't be Totally Out of the Woods from Such! Smoldering and Burning Embers would Still Exist. We'd Still Have to Remain Ever Watchful for Those! Till we Finally Get *That* Last Pesky Remaining Weed Root!, -Out of the Ground. I Mean by this to Hopefully and Ideally Eliminate or Contain All Remaining "Jihadic Warriors and Terrorists", -NOT Moslems in and of Themselves! The Proposal is a Good "Mining of Haiphong and Other North Vietnamese Ports!" (For Those of you Old Enuff to Go Back that Far, or Have Read Up on, Heard of it, Etc). But it just Leaves Many "Jihadistic VC", Yet Out There in our Field! Yet On our Toes and Foot!

So While the Author's Proposal would Go a Long Way! And Could, as he says, -Be a Must for our Very Survival!, It's Still Gonna Leave some Pesky Weed Roots in the Ground! Some Smoldering and Seething Embers on the Fire. We'll Have to Remember to Keep *This* in Mind!, as Well.

Alongside his Proposal, and the Additional Caution that I Make, -I have some Other Thoughts Toward Beating Them Back, as Well.

These Revolve Around the Larger World, to One Extent or Another, -Getting Together in an Alliance and Common Cause! From perhaps Their Getting Tired of it All!, and Coming to See some Things as they Really Are! This would be a Great Spur in this Direction.

Perhaps More or Less the *Whole* Remaining World, Getting Together Against our Common Enemies, -is somewhat Unrealistic. At Least Some may Well Want to Get Together with our Enemies! While Others Remain Sit Out Neutral.

But if you could Just Ideally Picture It!, for a Moment. Were the Larger World to So Stand Together!, -We'd Have Europe, Russia, China (Be She PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. or Free), Japan, All East Asia in General (Except Perhaps Islamic Indonesia), India and Her Vast Manpower Base as Well!, Australia and New Zealand, Small but Tuff Israel, Latin America, Sub Saharan Africa, and Ourselves and our Nearby Canadian Friends!, -All Arrayed Together in One Great Common, -United Front! What a Stackup that would Be! Next to perhaps even the Entire Islamic World! Together, We *Would* Tower at Least Somewhat Bigger! Islamic Jihadists and Terrorists would be Fools! To Try Butting their Heads Up Against This!

We might even Have some Friendly Islamic Countries, in such a World Free Alliance! If so, then So Much the Better! But of course we Cannot Count on That.

- - The CHINA SUBPORTION -

I've been Concerned about Red China, perhaps Someday Entering into an Axis Alliance with our Enemies! And I Still Am. But it could Also Work Out, -that perhaps They Can or Will Enter Into One with Us! Either as a Yet Remaining PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. / Tienanmen / and Red China. Or as a New Free China!!! Should PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. so Collapse there! May It So Do!!! But Either Way, -It could Work Out that we Enter Into a Mutual Alliance with Them! Much as we and the Red Chinese Did in the 70s and 80s, -Against the Soviet Polar Bear to their North, -which we Shared in Common. It may also Work Out that we Have to Enter Into a WW-2 Style U.S.-Soviet Alliance, -with Them. Against our Now Common, Mutual, Islamic Jihadist, Enemies. But Hopefully, -We Will Be Doing Such with a New, Refreshingly Free!, China!

In Either Way, However, -Hopefully China and We, -Will Enter Into Alliance and Common Cause!, Against our Common Jihadist Threat and Enemy! China, -PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. or Free, Isn't About to Let These Likes just Walk All Over It! They've Had More Than Enuff Experience of This from Other Foreigners! Talk About Getting Tired of Something!, -I Think China by Now has Gotten Plenty Tired of That!

China with Her Stupendous Population, Resources, and Manpower!, -Would be Such a Great Aid and Asset!, to our Cause and Fight! We Shud Certainly Encourage and Welcome Her, -Into an Alliance!

Now if on the Other Hand China Tips on Over to the Enemy Side!...... Or Just Neutralistically Sits This One Out.......!

- -The NUCLEAR SUBPORTION And OPTION -

Also, -We're Gonna Have to Remember, that we are one of *The* Nuclear Powers! We're Gonna Have to Keep this Option in Reserve. Looking To and Appropriately Drawing From, our Nuclear Bag of Tricks. We're Gonna Have to Give the Green Light, to Developing and Deploying a Good Number of Smaller Nukes. While Keeping our Major Remaining Big Nukes. With Tight Controls on Both. Includeing that None so Fall Into Enemy Hands! The SALT and START Limitations and Reductions are Great and Good. But it's Getting to be a Time of a "Nuclear Freeze on Nuclear Reductions"! Keep the Remaining Bigger Old Ones, -Move to some More Emphasis on Newer, Smaller Ones. Tactical and Battlefield Such. Use Them if we Must, and Only If we Must! But I can Think of Few Things Other than Nuclear Weaponry, -Even Small Nukes, -Which Will Give our Jihadist Enemy Pause! There's Nothing Like Being on the Receiving End, of One of Those! We Must Certainly Retain and Hold Those as an Option! In This a True Fight For our Western Lives! This Too, can Turn Out to be a Mighty Weapon in our Arsenal, -Toward Beating Them!

- -DAISY CUTTER / EARTHQUAKE BOMB SUBPORTION -

The Giant Conventional Bomb, Tested at Egin AFB, Florida, Just Before Gulf War Two, -is the Next Best Thing. It's of Course a More Powerful Advancement, on the Vietnam Era Daisy Cutter Bomb. The Daisy Cutter's been Used Magnificently in Afghanistan! It's Thought to Have at least Wounded Bin Laden. But for All our Great Shock and Awe of Gulf War Two, -I'm Afraid I Havn't Heard of it's More Powerful Followup, Being Used There. If so, I Know DOD and our Forces, in their Judgement Felt it to Not be Neccessary. But That would Have Been an Additional Something!, Against saadamistic Iraq! Though I'd of Course Love to Have Seen It!, -I Yield to any Genuine Feeling that it's Use was Unneccessary.

These are Some Great Methods and Means, Toward Beating Them Back!

SUMMARY, -THIS IS OUR FIGHT ! -

Our One Persistent Oddo Enemy Out There!, Al Qaida and Co, is a Royal, Foot Stepping On, Pain in the Side! They are Not So Exclusively Right, as They Automatically Think They are! They Intolerantly Relb and Step On Other's Foot! They Spread their "Gospel" via Jihadic War! Or at Least Reserve a Wrong Right to. And They as Such are a Royal Pain in the Side! Christians and Others Have some Real Feelings and Views Too! And are Right on Many Things as Well. The Islamic View is Not the Only Flower in Life's Garden!, Horse in Life's Barn!, Nor Lens with Which to View Things Through!

We of the Judeo Christian Ethic, -are of the "Then Choose Life!" Persuasion! They of at least Much of Islam, Revel in Death! They can at Least Kindly Keep their Death Wishes to Themselves! Sad and Bad Enuff that They so Lean! But They Shud Respectfully Keep and Reserve Such to Themselves! If They of Beleifs Feel that They Must be Having That!

If Beleif Also Has them Beleiving They Must Intolerantly Step On Other's Foot!, -Then We're Just Gonna Have to Fight Them Back and Down! Thats All thats to it There! From an Initial "Will You Please Get Off?!",....to a "Do You Mind!?", .....to some Physical "Bounce Them Off!" Measures of our Own!

The Larger World's Gonna, or Ought To, Rightly Get Tired of Them After Awhile! This is Simply Who We're Up Against! And Who We're Gonna Have to Fight!, I'm Afraid! A Fight is Brewing and Shapeing Up! I'm Afraid it's as Simple as That! *They're* NOT Yielding the Field! Only a Superior Determination!, and Force of Arms, -Will Get Them Back and Down! Do Get and Be Ready for It!

Yes Indeed!, -Let's so Remember What's REALLY Important!!! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]NY RAT[/email]

Edited by ScottRezaLogan (05/16/04 06:44 PM)

#27502 - 05/15/04 11:36 PM Re: Berg Beheading = Long, Hot Summer
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Yes, Chris and any Such Others, -Do Have a Fair Enuff Point There. Humanity All Over, and for I'd say All Time, -Have been variously Commiting Atrocities and Other Wrongs Toward One Another. Most Probably, No One is or Has Been, -At their Noblest Best! Sometimes Some have been Perhaps Near It. But we're All Somewhat Less Than Perfect.

Yes, -We Should Also Look at What Black Spots as we Truly May Have on our Own Kettle! When also Looking so Toward Others.

I for one Did Mention in a Post, -The Killing of the Italian Guy, -as you Mention.

But True, -We Didn't Have All that Much National Attention or Outrage, -About It.

And you have a Good "Promo Point", -Concerning What we Could so Put Forth Toward Italy / and the Italian Public. Shud we Wisely Avail Ourselves of the Oppurtunity, at Such Time as It Presents Itself. That Particular Oppurtunity is Now Past.

We May be Someday Yet Needing, and Turning Toward, the Italians! Be It for Sympathy, or various Moral or Material Support. Italy and Italians *Could* Conceivably Come Back with a, "Where Were *You* When We Needed YOU ?!"

I Got This Same Possible Question and Feeling, on the Occassion of Spain's Recent Madrid Experience. Their Own September 11th. Sympathy Willingly Flowed Toward U.S., on our Own Such Experience! We Rightly Expected Such. Yes, -We and the World Too Did Extend Real Understanding and Sympathy Toward Spain in It's Experience. But I was a Bit Uncomfortably Wondering, if It was Quite Enough, from U.S., -at the Time! I may have been Worrying a Bit for Naught, -For Perhaps we Sincerely Did Extend Forth Enough. But I Had to be a Little Uncomfortably Concerned! Should we so Come Up Short!, -Spain Too could Say, -"Where Were / Are You?!"

However, Spain Left the Ring Over Other Considerations. Improperly So. There Isn't a Connection Here over our "Level of Solidarity and Sympathy". And I Know you Weren't Saying That.

And I Do Agree with you, -That We Should Try to Leave our World, as Good or Better a Place, Than We Found It! Via our Proper, Upstanding, Carriage and Example!

However That Does Not Always Translate into Softness! Especially in These New Circumstances and Times!, -We a Good Many Times Have Got To be Duly Tuff! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]Bach Fan[/email]

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 546 Guests and 104 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.