Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#259298 - 04/18/13 04:01 AM Re: I finally have enough flashlights [Re: TeacherRO]
Quietly_Learning Offline

TeacherRo,

NICE collection, would you please share the make and model of the case you have them in? I can think of a number of uses for it.

I'm looking at the flashlight on my night stand and the flashlight on my bureau while typing from my smartphone that has a flashlight widget on the home screen and thinking there is no such thing as enough flashlights. grin

Flashlights are without question one of my EDC that gets used daily.

#259303 - 04/18/13 08:47 AM Re: I finally have enough flashlights [Re: TeacherRO]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Nice! I've been eying a Malkoff turn-key light, too...if I can lay off the gun buying for awhile! blush Two new HK's in the last two months and one more on layaway. grin

#259305 - 04/18/13 09:30 AM Re: I finally have enough flashlights [Re: TeacherRO]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I have to take the opportunity to sing the virtues of the Micro Photon. I don't have the Doug Ritter version but a black one with orange bulb. It's a single squeeze LED with an on off switch and about the size of a quarter but thicker. I wear mine on a paracord lanyard and never take it off. (I have knock-offs on my keychain, FAK but this one is the real thing.) It's simple to use and dependable. I chamge the battery twice a year at daylight savings time and it's never failed me. I got mine shortly after joining ETS and I use it multiple times a day. I use it for many things but have it to be brilliant for finding lost soother in the wee hours or checking on the baby after she makes a weird noise in the middle of the night. Trust me when I tell you that that's high praise.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#259351 - 04/19/13 12:38 AM Re: I finally have enough flashlights [Re: Phaedrus]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

I love HKs, those heavy, ugly, glorious REDACTED. Carry an MP-5 and a 91 plus one of thier pistols in my weapons bag when I work. recently saw a VP70Z I think it was, for sale. Looked a bit to much like a star trek weapon for my taste. Been snatching up Beretta and Sigs when I can.

Edited by chaosmagnet (04/19/13 02:32 AM)
Edit Reason: Language beneath ETS standards

#259378 - 04/19/13 03:22 AM Re: I finally have enough flashlights [Re: TeacherRO]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
Phaedrus... OK you cost me another $12.50.... I just had to order a SolarForce 820 lumen LED module (on sale) ...a pocket sized 820 lumen light should be seriously distracting...and I thought the 320 lumen light was neat....

#259391 - 04/19/13 05:38 AM Re: I finally have enough flashlights [Re: TeacherRO]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Hahaha! You can never have too many flashlights! grin My current "short list" includes a Malkoff drop-in for my Surefire Z combat light, a turn-key Malkoff and a Surefire EB1. I'm also itching to get one of the new Streamlight weapon lights with the bumped up 650 lumen rating. Right now I have a Surefire X300 Ultra on my FNP45 Tactical, and it was the king of the hill for what, six months, before Streamlight came out with a brighter one? The new Streamlight will go on my Remington 870 and I'll keep the Surefire for whichever sidearm I'm using for HD at the time.

I gotta lay off the HK's! Flashlights are bad enough, guns are even worse! A few weeks ago I found a used USP9 that you seriously can't tell from new; it was only $699! Not a bad price at all. So even though I didn't strictly need it I couldn't pass it up. Now I have two USP9's! I have a P30S on layaway but that's gotta be it for awhile. Only exception would be if I was to find a HK45C somewhere.

#259403 - 04/19/13 11:36 AM Re: I finally have enough flashlights [Re: Phaedrus]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
I am really impressed at what current technology has done to portable lighting. I come from a time when the state of the art flashlight was a clunky 2 D cell (Ready Leak) that would occasionally put out a dim, flickering light on a good day. Almost any el cheapo light today is far superior.For me the most important quality of a light is dependability (when you mash on the button,do you get light?) and run time. I am far less concerned about lumens, although I really like multi level lights so that you have options. And I like compactness and light weight, since that means you will have one when you need it.

I currently pack an LD01 on my keyring, with a Zebralight headlamp (one AA) in my bag. Both lights have spare batteries in the bag. With either one I could hike all night before I would need to replace the batteries.

It would seem that the upper limit of the lumens race would be daylight. What is the lumens rating of that big bright object in the sky we see every day?

#259405 - 04/19/13 12:59 PM Re: I finally have enough flashlights [Re: TeacherRO]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
in addition to putting on an excellent 3 gun match, the Army Marksmanship Unit at Ft Benning amassed an excellent prize table... and thanks to the many sponsors of high end equipment, even finishing in the 50s there were plenty of goodies to choose... a thanks to Sure Fire for the 05 match where they had a bunch of the Scout Lights on the table...

#259702 - 04/22/13 01:31 PM Re: I finally have enough flashlights [Re: TeacherRO]
markmark Offline
Stranger

Spam deleted

Edited by chaosmagnet (04/22/13 04:45 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 272 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.