Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#255767 - 01/23/13 11:08 AM Things you Hate to leave home without
Frisket Offline
Addict

Im not talking Basic EDC/Survival Kit type stuff Just items you yourself have come too hate leaving home without that make you comfy/Feel safe in your own kinda way. Not to mention What you have Stopped Carrying lately and what reasons.

For Me its Become a basic Baseball Cap, Belt, Music Im currently listening too preloaded on my phone, Something Minty Like Tee tree Toothpicks or gum.

Things I stopped Carrying, Lighter, Excessive Keychain, Multitool, sunglasses. I use to carry a lighter all the time but for the past year or two its become a bother in my pocket that i rarely ever use. The same goes for my keychain in which I went from having on it a Bottle opener, WHistle, Screwdriver, S-biner and lanyard which now it only has 3 keys and a Pendrive. The multitool I also use to EDC but lately I only strap it on my belt for long days out.

Also I been looking for a heavy duty fitted baseball Cap and have been failing to do so. I thought I found a great one in Walmart With this,

http://www.amazon.com/Dickies-Mens-Front-Pocket-Skate/dp/B007R8T43W/ref=pd_sbs_a_5

But The Elastic has bundled up on the headband portion. Any help Would be appreciated!

#255773 - 01/23/13 01:57 PM Re: Things you Hate to leave home without [Re: Frisket]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC

Heavy-duty, waxed cotton, wool-lined baseball hat, courtesy of LL Bean. I love mine:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/69287?feat=hat-SR0&page=wool-lined-waxed-cotton-fowler-s-cap

I'll be confronted with the what-I-hate-to-leave-behind question on Friday when I'm due to accompany a friend on a 100-mile day trip on a day that now has a 50-50 chance of seeing snow that could screw up traffic.

As the recent "Car as Shelter" thread indicates, I keep a lot of stuff in my car -- especially during winter. All I'll be able to take on this day trip with my friend is my duffle that goes with me everywhere.

I'll go through it before the trip and will squeeze in a few things that would increase comfort if we get stuck on the road.

As important, I'm going to make sure my friend has topped off her fuel tank. She's pretty good about that but I'll remind her that with the snow forecast we will have increased odds of being stranded.

#255775 - 01/23/13 02:41 PM Re: Things you Hate to leave home without [Re: Frisket]
JBMat Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NC
Duluth Trading for hats. Check out the one made from fire hose material, literally indestructible (I own one).

Usual disclaimers.

#255782 - 01/23/13 05:47 PM Re: Things you Hate to leave home without [Re: Frisket]
Stephen Offline

Loc: Canada
Good sunglasses....

Never realise how much you need them till you forget them at home. Winter or summer.

Every time I get a new pair the old ones get added somewhere as back-ups in case I break or forget the ones I am wearing.

#255783 - 01/23/13 05:47 PM Re: Things you Hate to leave home without [Re: JBMat]
ILBob Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Northern IL
keychain flashlight
pocket knife
cell phone

Bob

#255793 - 01/23/13 09:22 PM Re: Things you Hate to leave home without [Re: Frisket]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
A hat. In the colder months, it's usually a simple Thinsulate watch cap. In the warm months, always a baseball hat. For me' a hat is like my pants, I consider it essential not an extra. I might need to check out that all Bean one. Thanks Dagny!

I recently stopped carrying a folder in my edc jacket. I have an SAK on my edc key chain, and two blades seem like overkill unless I'm off-roading away from home or my Jeep.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#255795 - 01/23/13 09:58 PM Re: Things you Hate to leave home without [Re: Frisket]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Pen.

#255799 - 01/23/13 10:12 PM Re: Things you Hate to leave home without [Re: Frisket]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
I always have my keys, and I keep them on a 'biner with a Fenix O1 & a Spyderco Ladybug3 in ZDP-189. Generally I have a pen in a pocket somewhere. This is just EDC, if I'm headed out doors for the day I'm better packed. But at a minimum I at least have a knife and light. Both come in handy almost every day.

#255801 - 01/23/13 10:36 PM Re: Things you Hate to leave home without [Re: Frisket]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
The best baseball cap I ever bought was from Under Armour. I've beat the heck out of it and it still looks new.

#255806 - 01/24/13 03:46 AM Re: Things you Hate to leave home without [Re: Frisket]
widget Offline
Addict

Same things go in my pockets anytime I walk out the door. Wallet, comb, Fisher Space Pen (compact bullet type), Burt's Bees chapstick, Rambler SAK, keychain with tweezers, P-38 and house keys and mailbox key. I keep my car key separate. My smartphone, and there is a charger in the car always. I also carry a flashlight, normally a AAA Olight i3 and one spare battery in a county comm delrin holder. A little pocket change and a wristwatch.

If I am going to a real knarly area (seldom), I take my .40 cal. pistol and a spare mag.

My car, a Jeep, normally has a fixed blade Mora knife, a SAK Farmer knife, a folding e-tool shovel, jumper cables, fix-a-flat and the usual spare tire and jack. On road trips I add a compressor, 12v and some basic hand tools. Also always have a pen and a flashlight in the car. Winter time, I add a snow shovel, a sleeping bag and some warm boots and clothes. That is pretty much all I can think of.

Edited by widget (01/24/13 03:57 AM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 268 Guests and 32 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by chaosmagnet
Today at 01:07 AM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
Yesterday at 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.