Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#254938 - 12/28/12 12:56 PM Re: So how did Christmas go? [Re: gonewiththewind]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Montanero
I think Blast needs to develop an app for the ipod, ipad and iphone as a reference to edible wild plants. Who is with me on this?

This would be a great Kickstarter project.

#254943 - 12/28/12 05:26 PM Re: So how did Christmas go? [Re: MoBOB]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Loc: SoCal Mtns
Originally Posted By: MoBOB
Originally Posted By: spuds
Originally Posted By: Blast
My wife got me an iPod Touch. Now I can take pictures of plants and then automatically upload them to my Facebook page so people can see what edible wild plants are available right now.
Plus, it can do lots of other cool stuff, too.

-Blast
Blast,I would love to know a TON more about edible plants,....hint hint

You have info besides facebook for those of us who dont facebook?
Look at his signature block area. It has two links to his web offerings.
Well Duh! THANKS Bob,never noticed that,much appreciated,Thanks too Blast,very helpful!

Time to start reading!

#254952 - 12/29/12 12:31 AM Re: So how did Christmas go? [Re: spuds]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
Montanero... if you haven't picked up the Guide 10 battery pack for the Goal Zero and plan to, make sure you get the upgraded "plus" version...

my politically incorrect friends gave me some boxes marked Lapua 168 grain BTHP...and Winchester small pistol... ??

and notice when you are making an attempt to lose weight you get the Carrabba's and Outback gift cards

#254961 - 12/29/12 09:06 AM Re: So how did Christmas go? [Re: LesSnyder]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
Originally Posted By: LesSnyder

my politically incorrect friends gave me some boxes marked Lapua 168 grain BTHP...

cool Fine things come from Finland.

#254966 - 12/29/12 02:33 PM Re: So how did Christmas go? [Re: spuds]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
In addition to a bunch of essentials for the baby bob, I got a bunch of merino wool clothes, waffle knit thermals, a book about rope and knots, and thanks to a Zombie Squad contest, a Bacho Laplander saw, a GSI tea kettle, a cool little esbit stove and a tarp tipi (that hasn't been delivered yet.) I'm itching to get out there, but with about a month to go in this pregnancy, I'm not going very far. Might have to set up camp in the backyard. :-)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#254968 - 12/29/12 05:10 PM Re: So how did Christmas go? [Re: bacpacjac]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Loc: SoCal Mtns
Mrs got me a Down/Gortex jacket,its awesome! Light weight,warm and dog fur does not stick,very very very nice!

#254972 - 12/29/12 05:46 PM Re: So how did Christmas go? [Re: bacpacjac]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
In addition to a bunch of essentials for the baby bob, I got a bunch of merino wool clothes, waffle knit thermals, a book about rope and knots, and thanks to a Zombie Squad contest, a Bacho Laplander saw, a GSI tea kettle, a cool little esbit stove and a tarp tipi (that hasn't been delivered yet.) I'm itching to get out there, but with about a month to go in this pregnancy, I'm not going very far. Might have to set up camp in the backyard. :-)

Gee, your friends and family know you well! You racked up some goodies. P.S. What's the due date -- the reason I ask is that a co-worker of mine just started her maternity leave at Christmas. She is due on Jan 27 but I am betting on her delivering on the 24th (my birthday!)

I got a bottle of wine and a Kobo reader, both of which will be used to their fullest. smile
The best thing about Christmas - spending time with family and friends, like the 7-hr road trips with my Dad. (I think I need to see the movie, The Guilt Trip?)

#254973 - 12/29/12 05:55 PM Re: So how did Christmas go? [Re: spuds]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Some bottles of really unique BC wine, and a Woodsman's Pal - sweet! (Not to be deployed simultaneously.)

#254974 - 12/29/12 05:59 PM Re: So how did Christmas go? [Re: 2005RedTJ]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Originally Posted By: 2005RedTJ
She bought me a Ruger bolt-action rifle in .270 Winchester. Gotta buy a scope to go on it and something brown will be going down out in the back yard very soon. Mmmmmmmmmmm, jerky.

Sweet!

My brother uses his .270 for defense and protection around the fishing lodge. A few years ago, a black bear came through a screen window into the pantry and scared the cook something awful. He gorged on the dog food. After shooing him back out the window, Gord picked him off with the rifle (2 rounds) about 100 yards away. They cut him up for the meat and gave the hide to the Conservation Officier. A habituated bear is a dead bear and this was it's third time hanging around the lodge; especially when he has paying guests at the lodge to worry about. Nobody, in my family is much of a hunter -- we all lean towards fishing and water sports. My "David Suzuki loving" sister went gonzo on him for killing wildlife until she got the complete story.

#254976 - 12/29/12 06:23 PM Re: So how did Christmas go? [Re: spuds]
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA
i got the normal guy stuff but the hit of the gifts was a big supply of Romneys Kendal Mint Cake.a buddy was over in the UK and had heard me going on about how no one in the States was carrying this "power bar" anymore,REI was the last some years ago.
the mint cake is a candy of sorts that has been used on polar and Mt Everest expeditions.i'll have a bite to perk up when i'm out on the canoe trips and a long portage is in sight.
on another note..at our friend big multi family gathering on Xmas day to exchange gifts and have a big meal i fell asleep in a comfy chair!!..i woke up to folks opening gifts and kids scampering around...i'll need more coffee in the survival kit---

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 305 Guests and 134 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.