I am late to the party in this thread. However choosing boots is more complicated then deciding on a brand/model that someone else simply suggests. There are many varibles that you need to contemplate even before going to try on any hiking shoe or boot.

These variables include (but not limited to): light day hiking or multi-day hiking? Normal expected terrain to be hiked? Established easy trails or mountain trails? Your own body weight. Average weight to be carried on person and in your pack. Waterproof or non-waterproof boots? Hiking shoe or hiking boot and so on...

Take all these variables into consideration, you will soon realized that not one hiking shoe or boot can do all and that is why most avid experienced hikers have more then one type of boot. Myself, I have 5 different shoe/boot types however I find that a good pair of hiking shoes and a midweight hiking boot work for about 85% of my hiking needs. Of course, your needs and requirements are probably different then mine and the next person.

John Lubbock