Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#246764 - 06/08/12 06:20 PM The DIVIDE
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

I recently watched THE DIVIDE. It began with the bombing of a city, New York I'm assuming. In blind panic a group of people over run the basement of thier building and the whining and madness ensue.
It was Mickey's fault for standing there with the door open, though he did manage to close out the rest.

A varied assortment of oddballs have stumbled into a survivalists nest, thier only EDC appearing to be that each of them must have had a full carton of cigarettes. They immediately begin to complain about everything, then a nuke is detonated and the building above them collapses. They immediately whine about food and for weeks they eat canned beans, slowly at first, then as if they're starving. I guess that the writer hadn't considred thier stomachs would shrink with less food. I liked the fact that they kept on showing the beans being heated in a pot but they were all eating them cold out of cans.
One of the intruders gets on an old hand held CB radio and drones on, giving thier location to the enemy who cut thier way in with a plasma torch and wearing NBC suits enter and take the little girl and a battle ensues where several of the enemy are dispatched by various means.

Mickey is discovered by the man whose radio has apparently died and he starts nosing around. He forces Mickey into a very nicely stocked shelter. Mickey kills him, but Eva, who must be a spy the way she creeps around and spies on people blabs and Mickey's story is undone and he's tortured until he reveals the combination to his shelter. All control is lost without him riding herd on his uninvited guests. Murder, abduction, rape, bullying and insanity are rampant. In the end only one survives the nightmare.

THE DIVIDE is a suprisingly good and insightful movie. I highy reccomend it.
The lessons I took from it follow:
No strangers or extra people in my shelter, only those I take with me.
Defend your shelter and supplies from all intruders.
Unlike Mickey, who had only a Luger, have a real weapon to defend you and yours with.
Don't stand there and let yourself be over run, lock down and wait it out.
Just Ol' Snakes opinion. Thanks for taking time to read this. As ususal I welcome all comments.

#246766 - 06/08/12 06:28 PM Re: The DIVIDE [Re: ]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
That movie was too dark and depressing for my tastes. It took me a while to figure out where the female lead was from. The new Hawaii Five-0 tv series!

#246768 - 06/08/12 06:44 PM Re: The DIVIDE [Re: haertig]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

Laura German is on 5-0?! She's awesome to look at, just not a good actress. I don't watch 5-0 because it was such a let down from the original, but I may check it out again. It was dark, but it also showed what people are truly like and are capable of when the rules go out the window.
Thanks Haertig.

#246827 - 06/10/12 03:19 AM Re: The DIVIDE [Re: ]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

C'mon Izzy! Where's your sense of adventure?

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 629 Guests and 145 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.