The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 11 of 17 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#243032 - 03/13/12 03:28 AM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Dagny]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC

I hesitated to post this link. But we're (presumably) all big kids and can make our own decisions.

At this link is a comprehensive, highly detailed spoiler of the entire season finale. I have no idea if this site has been accurate in the past but it does claim to be.

It all sounds plausible to me.

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! Don't read if you want to have any suspense going into next week's season finale.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_walking_dead/news/?a=56212

I feel like I've seen the episode a week early.

But I like watching them again so fine by me!

And maybe these "spoilers" are inaccurate....

I hope not.

#243033 - 03/13/12 03:30 AM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Dagny]
comms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mesa, AZ
Bingley,

You generally have well thought responses but I think you're thinking too much by half on this interracial romance issue. There is a well established story line with Glenn & Maggie in the comics and Glens back story in both comic and tv show is that he is very timid and deferential. Their relationship is the longest running of the TWD comic series.

Asian male/white female romances on tv does appear to be rare though I would tangentially point out How I Met Your Mother (though he is Indian), Hawaii 5-0 has Asian/white romances. I think maybe there is not so much because there is not a lot of Asian males on tv in positions that have relationships, rather than a stigma.

For example, look at cinema. I just saw Journey 2 Mysterious Island today and The Rock (Samoan) is married to Kristen Davis from Sex & the city. Then there have been well known movies like: Harold and Kumar (1&2), The Green Hornet, Jackie Chan and Jet Li often have white female romantic leads, Replacement Killers (Chow Yung Fat/Bridget Fonda), Ninja Assassin. Even Brandon Lee before he died had relationships with white females on screen.

I'm not writing so much to be antagonistic. I respect your position, I don't think its entirely accurate (it is somewhat) but I think for a different reason than some sort of subconscious or even poll tested antagonism to that sort of thing.

Written by a guy with a Hawaiian dad and a Dutch mother. smile

Edited by comms (03/13/12 03:31 AM)

#243037 - 03/13/12 04:40 AM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Dagny]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Comms, no need to tiptoe around me. It was just a hypothesis, and I was just thinking aloud. I didn't detect much evidence for my hypothesis. If I did, I would have pointed it out already.

But I can tell you, with a girl like that, in a world like that, I'd get to loving in a hurry.

#243049 - 03/13/12 12:20 PM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Dagny]
comms Offline
Veteran

Agreed. And in real life the actress speaks with an English accent. Born in Pennsylvania, raised in England.

#243057 - 03/13/12 02:20 PM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Dagny]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

For The Walking Deadheads - comic book outtakes:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-Dead-C...7515&sr=8-1

-

#243063 - 03/13/12 04:46 PM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Dagny]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
I don't understand all the "I can't get into this show anymore" responses. I for one, think the show is fantastic. The best thing on commercial TV at the moment. I just wish their seasons weren't so short!

#243067 - 03/13/12 06:55 PM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Dagny]
comms Offline
Veteran

it is interesting how cable channels are dispensing seasons and I think, IMO, it stems back to the writers strike in 2008. A lot of shows, network and cable only had half or partial seasons done before that happened and a long freeze was put on new output. Anyone remember 24 was off air for over a year? I think they found that the hiatus didn't kill franchises like they thought.

And in fact it probably helped some on the higher cable channels in that the mid season breaks are mostly occurring during October to January when people don't watch as much tv. So the in the end the ratings remain high per episode even though the fans are pissed.

I get bummed because some of the shows I have come to watch on cable are only being run during the summer during national channel breaks. So instead of being able to watch say, 25 new episodes of Big Bang between September & May, & repeats all year long; I get 10 straight new episodes of Eureka or Sons of Anarchy and then nothing for a year or more.

Before this season of TWD, when Darbont was fired mid way through filming, readers were lead to expect a big difference in tone between what he did during the Sofia arc and the rest of the season. I think that held up mostly true w/ the second half of the season more action packed than the first.

#243332 - 03/18/12 03:19 PM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Dagny]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
AMC TV is having a season 2 Walking Dead marathon today starting at 11:00 am which leads up to the season finale episode later tonight.

John Lubbock

#243356 - 03/19/12 02:57 AM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Dagny]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Wow! Fantastic finale.

[ SPOILERS! SPOILERS! ALERT, WILL ROBINSON - SPOILERS BELOW!!! ]

Zombie flambe.

Rick: "I killed my best friend for you!" "This isn't a democracy anymore!" "Maybe you people can do better without me. Go ahead. There's the door. Send me a postcard."

(Beginning of the "Ricktatorship" according to Glenn Mazarra on The Talking Dead)

Carol: "We're not safe with him."

Daryl: "Rick's done alright by me."

Michone. The prison (interesting how close they are to it - won't be needing to gas up the Suburban).

They won't have any trouble packing Season 3's 18 episodes with drama.

And carnage. Season three will probably open with them finding the prison. Episode 2 will have them settling in, doing housekeeping. Lots of icky scenes as they clean out the prison, as I recall from the GN (aka graphic novels/comic books). By episode 3 I'm guessing they'll be venturing out - Rick does love to travel - and bringing trouble home to their new "fortress."

Lori is a big question mark. I expected her to sob at the loss of Shane but the seething rage at Rick didn't make sense. She is inconsistent (or just the writers are).

#243357 - 03/19/12 03:16 AM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Dagny]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Check out the "Inside the Season Finale" video on the AMC website. The actress who plays Lori makes a salient observation:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/vi...-the-dying-fire

"If living is nothing more than a habit, then we are still addicted to it. For now."

Page 11 of 17 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.