Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#242936 - 03/11/12 06:37 PM Review of WOLF TOWN
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

While perusing RedBox's meager offerings I foolishly selected a horror movie called WOLF TOWN. In this waste of $1.29, the worlds biggest loser convinces his best friend to be his wingman in his quest to win some girls affections. She brings her boyfriend along and off they go to a ghost town which has a well maintained dirt road leading right to it, but hasn't been picked cleaned. The trip was four hours each way and the four college students took no gear, not even water or food. So much for higher education. Or common sense. They find a diary, in the saloon of all places, which tells of how the wolves practicly wiped out the miners from a hundred years before. Meanwhile the loser sees a wolf and drops into a ball, crying, like it's a grizzly looking for a snack. It half snarls and runs past him like it's chasing a thrown stick. But his hapless friend is savagely attacked. They discuss not having a first aid kit or any emergency gear then find that not only have the wolves (dogs) stolen a cell phone, they've also climbed under the dash and chewed the ignition wires and carried some off. Pretty savvy for animals who's ancestors last had contact with humans 150 years before. Panic ensues and they run in circles before finding dynamite in the barn. One remembers he has a lighter in his bag, in the car, and loser remembers he has a flashlight. Of course none of them thought to throw any of the million or so handy rocks just lying about at the wolves chasing them. I'd like to report they all blew themselves up with the century old dynamite, but the viewer just isn't that lucky. This movie is a prime example of what not to do when heading out into the bush. And who not take along. Unless wolves are out to eat you. Then they would make good diversions as you escape. I hope THE GRAY is better when I finally see it.

#243062 - 03/13/12 04:21 PM Re: Review of WOLF TOWN [Re: ]
wileycoyote Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: north central west TX
LOL!!!

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 237 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Hoover Stew
by brandtb
Yesterday at 03:45 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.