Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#242425 - 03/04/12 04:56 AM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: Phaedrus]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Southern California
That's very noble of you Bingley, but I wouldn't want you to become overburdened. I'd be happy to help by taking the really nice ones. You wouldn't want to have to deal with all those sharps, now would you? smile

HJ

#242429 - 03/04/12 05:10 AM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: bacpacjac]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
I haven't seen an ETS member yet who didn't get addicted in some form or another.
Really? I don't know anyone like that. wink

HJ

#242431 - 03/04/12 07:17 AM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: Phaedrus]
trooper0366 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Missouri
This is actually not your fault, you are an unwhiting victim. I've developed the theory that once you acquire a form of permenant shelter, then things start reproducing with out your knowledge in all the nooks and cranies. This theory applies to everythihg not just kinves and survival gear. I'm working on a method to prevent stuff from reproducing. I figure if I can achieve this break through, I'll have more money than the rich computer guy(Gates). Of course I'm having difficulty determining male from female. But alas the trials of science. Maybe I can get a grant to further my research. crazy

#242433 - 03/04/12 07:48 AM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: Phaedrus]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Hahaha! It seems like they are breeding! I will admit to being a gear junkie- any cool gadget might catch my eye. And my dad was the same way. When he passed away this last summer he had 330-some SAKs, about 100 custom knives, maybe 300 good factory knives, several hundred fishing rods, a dozen sleeping bags, several tents, etc etc. My brother got most of the fishing stuff, I got most of the knives and one Kimber .45 Auto. So in addition to all the crap I already had, now I have a bunch of his, too!

Somehow I also have ended up with 6 multitools taking in from various trades, several boxes of fatwood, a dozen boxes of UCO candles, a dozen extra boxes of ESBIT... Yet I keep buying more! grin

#242438 - 03/04/12 12:52 PM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: LesSnyder]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Originally Posted By: LesSnyder
...first a couple of shelves to keep hurricane supplies centralized..camp stoves, kero lanterns, first aid kit,radio, batteries...then some water storage...then the 5day ice chests...fans....solar shower sprayer

next its a rolling tool box with telescoping handle (in case you evacuate) for battery chargers, solar panel, propane adapters, cooking gear and to hold the small stuff on the shelves....

then I come to this forum and am introduced to "you people" laugh

When a hurricane hits South Dakota you can officially announce the "End Times". grin

#242439 - 03/04/12 01:18 PM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: Phaedrus]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
Phaedrus... you had better stock up on this stuff now, so you will be ready for the "pole axis flip" laugh

I have a great Key Lime pie recipe to enjoy with your new tropical outlook

regards
Les

#242473 - 03/05/12 04:53 AM Re: I think it's time for an intervention! [Re: Phaedrus]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
A few weeks ago I decided I don't need all my knives laying out so I picked up a flat, Rubbermaid bin-thingy, threw a bunch of knives in it and went to slide it under our bed...where it was blocked by a different flat, Rubbermaid bin-thingy filled with knives that I apparently stuck under the bed long enough ago to forget about it. blush

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 237 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Hoover Stew
by brandtb
Yesterday at 03:45 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.